20 - Unwanted Visits and Exhaust

(NO ONE'S P.O.V)

Stacie was lying down on her bed with a cigarette attached to her lips, breathing in the smoke allowing it to fill her lungs. She knew it was bad for her and eventually kill her one day.

But right, she couldn't care less about. She began to wish that the smoke would kill her now, because it was nothing compared to the pain she was feeling throughout her body.

As she finished her cigarette she put it into a small ashtray she had, and just as she was about to light up another her phone rang. When she saw  who was calling her, she contemplated on answering her phone.

Eventually she gave in lightening another cigarette while answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey, are you at the party?" asked Aubrey.

"No I'm actually, in my dorm." Stacie said then putting the cigarette back in her mouth. She ended up taking too much smoke and ended up coughing.

"Do you mind if I come over?"

"Why? Did something happen?" Stacie asked with concern in her voice. There was a slight spark of hope that maybe Aubrey had gotten her memory back.

"Kinda, I just need to talk to someone."

"Alright."

"Okay, I'll be over in five."  Than she hung up. Stacie put her phone down and started cleaning up her room. She put her cigarette out and threw away the buds in a trash can, she didn't want Aubrey to know she had been smoking.

But one thing that she had forgotten to do was mask the smell of the smoke. It was still lingering around the room and on her clothes.

When she heard Aubrey knock on the door, she slowly got off the bed and walked towards the door. When Stacie opened the door she suddenly felt the impact of a body against hers.

"I'm messed up Stacie." she heard Aubrey say muffled against her.

The brunette suddenly became very concerned when she heard sobs coming from the girl pressed against her.  "What happened?"

"I-I had a fight with C-Chloe and..." Aubrey began then took a deep breath.

Suddenly the blonde froze and Stacie could feel her tense up in her arms. Aubrey took another breath to breathe her in again, but instead of getting the familiar scent of vanilla she is used to she ends up breathing in the smell of smoke.

"Is everything okay?"

"Umm..." Aubrey said than taking in another breath. " Why do you smell like smoke?"

Stacie was confused at first then realized she forgot to change her clothes. She mentally hit herself for being so stupid. "Ohh..." Was all Stacie said, she tried to think of an excuse but Aubrey said something before she could say anything else.

"You don't..." she said trailing off.

"No, I just... waked past of group of kids who were smoking and the smell of the cigarette got on my clothes."

Aubrey looked at her for a second than just smiled and said "Thank god, I couldn't imagine losing someone else to smoking."

She cringed at that, suddenly feeling guilty about lying to her. She remember awhile back, when they were together, the blonde telling her about how her grandfather used to smoke and that she lost him to lung cancer because of it.

They stayed like for a while, Stacie just holding Aubrey, and they both couldn't help but notice how nice it felt.

Just the two of them together. Aubrey being in Stacie where she belongs. These were the type of moments that Stacie missed, she sometimes would lie down in bed and yearn for the blonde to be here with here. Meanwhile for Aubrey, this was completely new for her, or as far as she could remember. She felt safe being with her and loved the feeling of being embraced by her.