Redemption

Authors note: Welcome to the 40th Chapter, everyone, it's been two years since I started this book, and I'm so grateful for you. You might not have been here since the beginning, but you make my day and encourage me to keep going. This Chapter is dedicated to @TryxiePyxie always commenting and leaving likes; I always wait with anticipation to see how you like my chapters with your comments.

Enjoy the Chapter, like, and comment, and I can't wait to continue this book with all of you. Also, if any of you want star wars, check out my other book, 'Together,' a star wars story. Also, check out my tik tok, which is pretty much a star war fan page @Chloiefromcoruscant also, I wanted to apologize for the wait; I lost motivation a bit ago with how much school work I had, but anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the Chapter. 

I watched the sunrise this morning, I do most mornings, but today it felt special. Brooklyn has planned a surprise for me this evening; The gargoyle knows how much I wouldn't say I like surprises, especially after the past couple of months. Even after all those things he said, this is important; I trust him enough to know he's grave, which is vital to him, so I'll allow it. 

I looked up at his sleeping form with a smile; I offered him the chance to be human with me during the day. I would never have expected him to get a job as I did at the police station or anywhere else, but he denied it. Red explained how he watched me for months after getting my 'gift' and hated every second of it; I was always tired and didn't understand my new body. Frankly, I'm still tired and can't get enough sleep, but I've managed to work with what I got. 

Learning to control when I turn human is the best part of this, though; I can decide when I want to be human or gargoyle. Frankly, I could never be human again or vice versa; it's almost like the gift never happened. It did, though, because I will never be able to turn to stone again; that was the best sleep I ever had. Waking up after a long night and feeling rejuvenated, I haven't felt like that in a long time. 

I shake my head, bringing myself back to the present, walking back into the clock tower when I stabilize myself in the doorway. My vision spins as I find myself in a place I have never seen, surrounded by giant tubes filled with liquid and bodies that I can't make out. My vision has a purple hue. As I look around, seeing sevarius, I raise an eyebrow and turn around; I see Thailog walk toward sevarius, making me frown. 

The scene skips like a VHS tape, fast-forwarding through the movie until we get to a good part. This is how my vision always works, they are always a purple hue, and they show me things in bits in pieces till I learned that I could control how much I got to see. Now we're back underneath the city with the Talon's clan, where I see my mother lying on her bed with my dad standing outside her cell with Talon when an explosion goes off, throwing both men. Demona runs into Thailog's arms as they both escape making me scuff. 

Time fast forwards again as I see brightly colored clones of ourselves, including me, making my eyes widen. We all are chained to the walls in a circular room with the clones standing in front of us. 

Time fast forward one more time where I see a roller coaster collapsing from the fire surrounding it, I turn around to see Angela on her knees and her face covered in tears. 

I grip my chest as the purple hue vanishes, and I'm brought back to the clock tower; my eyes move as I think. Clenching my fist, I punch the air yelling in frustration; I have been visiting my mom for weeks now, considering we finally had a connection, but this was all a trap. I grab my coat, racing down the stairs back into the police station, knowing where I'm headed. 

"How DAre You" I yell, walking into the makeshift cell block, getting the attention of Demona and furry face, Talon running in behind me with a confused look on his face. I didn't explain to him why I was here and not at work at the moment. Surprisingly I'm still in my human body, which surprises everyone.