{𝐓𝐖𝐎}never safe

• 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 •

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑
backpack on her shoulders as she, Kenny and the puppy that they found a few weeks ago, Major, walked across a bridge in the woods. "I was thinking we set up camp around this area. There are a lot of farmhouses." Kenny said, glancing back at Thea.

Thea looked up at him and shrugged. "Sounds good to me." She mumbled. Since Leanna was killed Thea and Kenny's relationship has been strained. Thea believed that it was because she reminded Kenny of her mom, she was practically the spitting image of Leanna, from her looks all the way down to her attitude. Her eyes though, those were from her father.

A walker stumbled out in front of them. "I've got it." Thea said as she pulled out her knife.

While the walker was facing a different way, Thea ran up behind it. She lodged her knife into the back of the undead monster's skull.

"You're getting better at not being hesitant when you kill 'em." Kenny said, proudly. "I'm proud of you, Thea." He smiled.

Thea smiled to herself. The two and Major continued to walk through the woods. As they walked by a fallen tree, Thea jumped on top of it and started walking down the middle. Major let out a quiet bark and followed his person.

Kenny stopped walking and watched the two. When Thea realized he was watching she quickly jumped down. "Sorry." She said, with a slight chuckle.

Kenny cocked a brown "for what?" He asked, beginning to walk again.

Thea shrugged, sprinting to catch up with him. "I know you don't like to stop until we're somewhere safe."

The man sighed and once again he stopped walking and turned to her. "We're never gonna be safe, Thea. No matter where we go or how much we think we're safe. . . we're never gonna be fully safe. You gotta remember that, don't you ever forget, promise me."

Thea looked up at him and nodded. "I promise. I won't forget." She told him.

He smiled and placed his right hand on her shoulder. "but with that being said, you're still a kid and you deserve to be able to take a minute and enjoy being alive whenever we get the chance."

Thea slowly nodded and they started walking again.

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 three reached an open field where a small house sat. If they were lucky it would have two bedrooms. Thea hoped there were two bedrooms, Kenny snored too loud for her liking.

Kenny turned and looked at Thea. "I'll check it out. You stay here with Major." He told her before walking towards the house.

Thea sighed, she and Major stood there waiting. After about five minutes Major started to growl, his eyes staring into the woods. Thea crouched down beside him and started running her fingers through his golden fur. "What's the matter boy?" She quietly asked.