{𝐒𝐈𝐗}back pains

"𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘?" Rick asked as he unlocked the gate. Then he, T-dog, Maggie, Glenn and Daryl ran through. Hershel was quick to shut the gate behind them.

Thea stood beside the old man as she killed one of the walkers by slipping her knife through the fence.

"I can't see them. Can you?" Lori asked, once the others were out of view.

"Back there?" Carol shrugged shaking her head.

Thea killed one more walker before walking over to Dean and Carl. The three of them then sat down on the grassy ground. The Thomas girl sighed. "Man, I can't wait to take a break for a few days." She smiled just at the thought.

Both boys nodded, smiles stretching across their faces. Dean then let out a small huff. "yeah, me too. 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm way to young for back pains." The Dixon boy complained as he stretched.

Thea and Carl laughed and the Grimes boy looked over at Dean. "It's from carrying that heavy ass bag all the damn time." He joked.

"Language, Carl." Lori scolded, having overheard the teenagers' conversation.

Carl looked at the ground, his cheeks turning a little pink in embarrassment. "Sorry." He mumbled.

His two friends looked at one another before they busted out laughing. Carl rolled his eyes. "Shut up." He glared at them.

" He glared at them

𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑,
Glenn brought the others into one of the cellblocks of the prison. When they entered they saw the others clearing out the dead walkers.

Thea glanced around with her nose scrunched up. "What do you think?" Rick asked as he walked down the stairs.

"Home sweet home." The Thomas girl mumbled at the same time as Glenn. The two looked at each other and Thea grinned at the man before turning her attention back to Rick.

Rick nodded. "For the time being." He responded.

"It's secure?" Lori asked with furrowed brows.

"This cellblock is." Rick nodded.

"What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel wondered.

Rick shook his head. "In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and infirmary." He answered.

"We sleep in the cells?" Beth asked, glancing around the cellblock.

Thea's face scrunched up in disgust. If they were gonna be sleeping in the cells she sure hoped that they could find some clean sheets to put on the beds.

"I found keys on some guards. Daryl has a set, too." Rick said.

"I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." Daryl said, looking down on them from upstairs.

Soon the group all went their separate ways to find a cell. Thea and Major headed up the stairs and stopped at the very last cell. Before entering the cell Thea looked down at her four legged friend. "This is our new home Major." She said.

Major wagged his tail and ran into the cell. He jumped up onto the bottom bunk and laid down. Thea smiled and placed her bag in the corner of the room. She took her blanket and spread it across the top bunk.

"Mind if I bunk with you?" Beth asked standing right outside the cell.

Thea smiled as she turned to look at the older girl. She shook her head. "No, it's cool." She paused. "But. . . The top bunk's mine."

Beth laughed walking into the cell. "Noted."

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

•REWRITE •
8/13/23
10:24pm

•ORIGINAL•
4/11/22
1:55pm

•EDITED•
11/14/22
9:00pm