O•N•E

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

We all have the capability of becoming monsters, something unrecognizable to be called human

We all have the capability of becoming monsters, something unrecognizable to be called human. It's the experiences we, the people of this world endure that shape us into becoming monsters. Monsters can be born, but they can also be created, shaped from the soil that once was them. Monsters are simply black hearts filled with hatred and anger.

I bent over my bed, my feet hanging off the edge to pull my hair back into a bun. I stretched my arms over my head and walked out of my room to the kitchen.

Cassandra. My sixteen year old sister sat at the table. Her stare as blank as her stupid brain but unfortunately she's stupidly smart. I, on the other hand, am decently smart. Not a damn nerd like Cassie at least I try to convince myself otherwise.

"Are you grabbing a subway?" I ask her, pulling a bowl out of the cabinet. "Or do you need me to drive you?" I glance over at her.

She turns her head over to me. "Probably just a subway. I'm meeting Callum there."

Ah- Callum. The opposite of a good boy. Who would have guessed my little sister would be tangling with the devil. Kidding, he's not that bad. He's actually pretty nice but not good enough to be considered 'good' for my father.

I pulled out the milk from the fridge and filled the bowl with it. "Your going back home tomorrow right? I love you but you literally have your own room a few miles away from my apartment." I grab the coco puffs out of the pantry and pour them into my bowl of milk.

"Yeah I will. I'm going out with my friends tomorrow." She states. She briefly looks down at her phone and back at me. "I need to go. Love ya." She says before leaving out the front door.

Ugh, thank God she's gone. I love her but she makes me feel like an idiot and a loner. A Goddamn loner isn't that great. I don't really have friends. They infuriate me most of the time and the ones I did have back in college flew away like a damn bird, not really but you get the point. I do have one friend. She's always busy rubbing her ass on people's dicks. I'm kidding, again. Well- no yeah sorry I like to joke around a lot.

Mrs. Isla Evans. I met her while working at my father's work as his lower Architect. She was my higher up you could say. Isla is a thirty year old sexy ass woman but due to her being married I'm left on my own most of the time. Because as she says "I have a husband, Anastasia!" It's not my fault she wanted to settle down.

I take my bowl of cereal to the other side of the counter and take a seat on the stool. I pulled out my phone and scrolled on social media while shoveling cereal into my mouth. An article headlining: New York's Hottest Singles, pop's up.

"Yep, no I'll pass." I grumbled, swiping past the article as fast as I had read the article headline.

I got up and put my bowl in the sink. Making my way back to my room to throw some clothes on. My father said he had something to discuss with me at his office. I grabbed a white pencil dress and a light tan oversized blazer. I slipped on my white Nikes and headed into the bathroom. I brushed through my long brown hair and put a pair of my fanciest earrings on. After I was done I headed out to my father's company.