T•H•I•R•T•Y-N•I•N•E

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

Staring out through the window I see stars

Staring out through the window I see stars. Not realistically though, just ones I see when I stand up too fast or the ones that blur together to form one constellation after not having any water or food for too long. I see them a lot more now and I'm not completely sure why. I'm not sick or anything, I don't have a fever and I've definitely been eating well. I convinced myself that it's from stress though. From keeping Keria and my Fathers secret to myself, my sisters gender reveal, work and Andres who keeps giving me looks.

I've been popping in Advils like a madman lately.

I turn back to my desk and trip over one of the wheels. My face hits the top of the chair while my legs go unsteady and slip underneath me. I plummet down with a loud thud and an agonizing pain in my ass cheeks.

"I hate these stupid ass chairs!" I groan, kicking at the wheels. I pull myself up and get back into my chair, letting out a long sigh of relief. "I need wine. No worse, something way worse." My mouth continues to spew out my thoughts. Thinking I'm alone because— well I'm in my office.

No. Of course someone has to be here, listening to me rant about life. "Umm... Anastasia." Mason chuckled as he walked towards me with a pile of papers.

My eyes widened in horror. "Don't, just don't. I beg of you." I slump low in my chair. Hoping the leather will chew me up and spit me back out.

"Okay." He sounds out every syllable. Making it long and excruciating. "So, I have tickets to a basketball game tonight." He blurts. I watch as he grabs a pen from my desk and starts to write on one of the many papers in his hands. "Wesley was supposed to go with me but he—" Mason looks up at me like the next words will burn me alive. "He and Scarlet have a date and I was hoping you would fill his spot."

The words roll inside my head. Minor disappointment flooded through the gates of my thoughts. Welcoming itself like a friend who once used to be my enemy. They can date? Yet we can't? I felt sick, the burning of my throat increased till it made me gag an embarrassing amount of times. Forbidden; we will remain. Just like any other dark things are to be liked, in secret, between one's heart and one's soul. Two different things but two shadows that overpower the light.

Nevertheless, I was never one to hold my tongue. Not today, not tonight and not tomorrow. I'll go to that game and I'll tell him I like him. You have my word.

"Of course I will go with you. Date number two here we come." Although my voice was shaky and my body felt weak and unable to provide me with support, the words still managed to make their way out of my mouth. Setting my promise in stone.

* • * • * • *

I stared at myself in the mirror. Unsure if I looked the part for a basketball game. I threw on a jersey, very much sure that it doesn't match the team name.