T•H•I•R•T•Y-S•E•V•E•N

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

•----------• Anastasia White•----------•

[Dream]

Breathe.

Close your eyes and listen to the waterfall. Listen to the fish that go splish, splash as they jump all around. Listen to the frog croak as it awaits for its next meal.

I groan. "Mother this podcast is stupid." I roll to my side and bury my face in the grass. "Mother!" I call, lifting my head to look back at her.

The low sun illuminates her figure nicely. Highlighting her like the angel she is. My mother will always be my angel because she saves me at the most important times.

Breathe.

The fox growls at the water. The fish taunting the poor animal.

"Mother, I don't like this podcast!" I yell. My heart seems to skip and freeze off beat. I crawl my way to my feet and walk towards my mother. My hands find her shoulders. She's so cold. "Mother..?" I whisper.

"Wake up!"

"Anastasia, wake up!"

[Present]

I shot up in bed out of breath. My clothes were all tangled around my torso leaving me to feel suffocated. It was still dark as hell outside. I leaned over to pick up my phone so I could see the time. 4:27. Geez. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling for a long minute.

It's been a week since I found out my father was the one stealing from Mason's company. I'm trying to hold myself together but honestly, it's really fucking hard. Because what if I'm betraying Mason, keeping this all to myself. Like a leprechaun and his pot of gold.

I seem to decide on things with a closed heart and a cracked mind but it never seems to work out for me. Maybe if I change it around and pick things from an open heart and cracked mind it will go my way but I can never seem to tell my heart and mind apart. They blend together in a glass of oil, the colors are separated but individually they will never come out one by one. I fear that my mind has too much control, yet I fear that my heart will be too vulnerable and shatter.

What I'm trying to say is, am I doing it out of my heart or does my brain like the power I hold over my fathers head?

At the end of the day though; I'll never truly be satisfied with my option.

I rolled out of bed, dragging my feet to the bathroom. I flipped on the light and stripped off my clothes. I turned the shower on and stepped in but huddled in the corner so the cold water had time to warm up. After a few minutes I had migrated under the water and stayed there as my eyes grew heavy.

I need to get that number from my father's phone before he deletes it like a smarty. I need to go to his work today and get it. I just have to think of how.