T•W•E•N•T•Y-N•I•N•E

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

Rome was a dream I wish I could escape back into

Why? Because it was all easier there. On the bright side though ever since we got back me and Mason have become inseparable. That's what I wish I could say anyway. So no, there is no bright side to that one weekend trip. Except for a few core memories.

Me and Cassandra are going to a festival later today. I invited Mason but he hasn't gotten back to me. So I just assume he got busy with the money scandal at work. Which I understand but I— ugh miss him. Yeah I miss the big idiot. Oh! Our mother is coming with us too. For the first time in a few months she's getting out of the house. She also seems well but I hate to let in false hope.

"Cassie!" I shouted from the closet in my bedroom. "Do you have my purple shirt at home!" I ran a frustrated hand through my knotted hair.

There was a shuffling sound before the floor creaked. "It's under your shoes." Why is it under there? I threw the tennis shoes to the floor and pulled out the lavender shirt.

It was a deep v-line shirt with tiny bows on the shoulders. I hurried and grabbed some white shorts along with a white belt. When I got dressed I exited the closet and saw Cassie slumped on my bed. She looked dazed and lost.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked as I put on my shoes.

She shrugged a single shoulder. "School starts tomorrow, Asia. I have this baby bump and I'm only sixteen. People are going to talk; they will talk."

I sat down at the edge of my bed. "You're only eight weeks." I confirmed with her.

She picked at her lips, making it bleed slightly. "Yeah but it will get big. I don't do well with people talking about me, you know that." I combed my fingers through the ends of her hair that laid effortlessly over her shoulders.

"Don't you dare let anyone's hate, ignorance, negativity or drama stop you from becoming the best mother you can be." I picked up her hand and squeezed it gently. "If they want to make fun of you they're going to have to face the wrath of my hands." I put up my fists as if I was going to fight someone.

She covered her eyes like my actions would make them bleed. "I'll have better luck calling Isla or Mason." I couldn't help the stiffness my body experienced as she said Isla's name. "What happened to Isla anyways? You guys don't hang out as much."

Cause she's fucking our father that's why. "We're not friends anymore." I stood up quickly, brushing off my legs. "We should go, mothers waiting for us." My sunken shoulders and weighted legs carried me out of my room before I had much time to let my mind spiral into an array of thoughts.

Afraid

Lonely

Overwhelmed

Nostophobia