F•I•F•T•E•E•N

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

The late night of June was humid, yet comforting

I didn't like summer all of the time. It had memories of nasty parts of my past self and I assume current self. Parts I never wanted to relive. Yet no matter how much I tried to hate summertime, I always found myself engulfed in its activities.

Swimming. Bonfires. S'mores. Walks.

I liked certain parts and seethed others.

We walked back to our hotel but I told Mason I was going to the pool with Caleb. After all, it was my first time in Miami and I needed to soak it up as much as I could.

"So, tell me about yourself pretty." Caleb swam over to the edge of the pool where I was. He leaned an arm on the concrete.

"What do you want to know?" I questioned.

"Anything. I've only got another day with you so I've got to make it count." He flashed me another wink.

I pondered his question for a few seconds. "I like the color white. I love Cocoa Puffs and Cranberry juice and I have a little sister." I smiled as I thought of my sister.

I hope she's doing alright by herself.

"How old?" He asked. "Your sister I mean, how old is she?" Caleb was different. He seemed willing to know more about me but Mason seemed uninterested just like he was with everything else.

"Sixteen." I replied. I swam to the middle of the pool where it was deeper, Caleb followed after me. Still sticking close by.

"Too bad." He said in a sad tone. I punched him in the arm.

Silence fell over the two of us. I wanted to ask him a question but it would be related to Mason not himself but knowing me I'm going to ask it anyways. "Keira, who is she?" I'm asking a question I'm not even sure he knows.

"Him and his ex fiancés personal assistant." His response wasn't much different from Scarlett's.

"Mason, he seems so unwilling to talk. Has he always been that way since you've known him?" I asked.

I got closer to Caleb, awaiting his answer. He nibbled on his lower lip for a moment. "No— look it's not my place to talk about his personal life. If you're so fascinated in him, why don't you ask him yourself." His demeanor changed instantly. Like he was pissed I didn't ask about himself.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not just a full blown lesbian but then I get one glance at a nice pair of abs and know why.

He climbed up the ladder and got out. Drying his body before slipping on his sandals. "What the hell is your deal?" I shouted out to him. Meaning it more as a joke than anything.