S•E•V•E•N

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

It's been a solid two weeks since I saw Cassandra crying on eleventh street

It's been a solid two weeks since I saw Cassandra crying on eleventh street. She's been over at my apartment more often but she hasn't told me why she was crying.

It angers me. I don't understand why she can't just tell me. She knows I'm going to find out eventually because I never stop pestering her until she lets it slip out.

Yesterday marked my official one month working at Moretti Tech Company. I've realized more often than not I have been a coffee runner, a note taker, an easy target to take your anger out on. Mr. Moretti has been oddly out of the office a lot more. Almost like he's dodging me. Which is fine, I don't care.

Today is June fourteenth. It's not a special day to me, in fact it's no irregular day at all.

I rested my head against the coolness of my desk. Letting it cool down my hot body. I just ran from the coffee shop then back here in this eighty degree weather, not only to be pissed but raging that Mr. Moretti left before I could deliver him his coffee.

"Do you think—" The piercing voice stopped at the sight of me. "You good?" I realized it was Wesley that stood nearly five feet away.

"Oh— yeah I was working out. Got hot and sweaty, now I'm rubbing it all over this fine desk." I rambled words that were nothing but a lie. The coffee still sat in my hand, letting my lies simmer in the summer heat.

"I'll take the coffee." He said taking it out of my hands. My eyes shot up as he took a long gulp of the warm coffee. He choked on it with a sour face. "Yeah no, I forgot I hate coffee." He gagged, tossing the recyclable cup into the trash.

Idiot.

"Oh really? I could have sworn you liked it." I sneer. Rolling my eyes and slumming back into my chair. A silence fills my office as he stares at me with his chocolate eyes.

"You know Anastasia we have a—" She stopped. Looking between the two of us.

"So we don't know what knocking is? Do I need to teach you guys how to? You know I can." I stood up. My hand resting on my hip.

Wesley leaned over to Scarlet. "Is she on her period?" His voice is not soft enough for me to not hear him.

"I am not on my period!" I yelled at him. Scarlet giggled, it was a cute giggle. One that would make you look twice.

"So it's not shark week?" That's when it started.

Oh God- Not my period. My eyebrows shot up and my face fell. "You're a lucky bastard." I mumbled as I walked past him out of my office. I could only hope the lady's room had a feminine dispenser. I had nothing in my purse.

"So I was right!" I heard him yell down the hall. I turned and flipped him off, marching into the bathroom.

"That little shit. No wonder he and Moretti are best friends." I said to myself as I looked for a dispenser.