T•W•E•N•T•Y-F•O•U•R

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

I squinted my eyes slightly so they could adjust to the light that was squirming into my room

I squinted my eyes slightly so they could adjust to the light that was squirming into my room. I rubbed a hand over my face, wincing as a fingernail caught the scab across my eyebrow.

Blood trickled down across my eyelid. I wiped at it with my hand to stop it from dripping onto my sheets. I let out a groan as I stretched my arms over my head. As my arms fell to my side it hit something warm and hard.

Oh— right Mason.

Imagine that. He's actually sleeping. I rolled out of bed and walked down the hall to throw his clothes into the dryer.

I'm feeling pretty good. I must have really needed to puke all over him last night.

Kidding.

I went back into my room after switching over the laundry and headed into the bathroom. I ran my face underneath the cold water of the faucet. I peered up to see my bruised face.

Holy shit. Mason could have seen these last night. I rummaged through my makeup and pulled out my foundation. I quickly dabbed the foundation over my discolored bruises to hide the fact that they are there. I made a dash to my closet to pull out a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants.

As I walked back out of the closet, Mason was propped up on his elbows looking in my direction.

I nearly fainted. "What happened to you?" His eyes strained on my exposed stomach.

I choked out a fake laugh. "You must have pulled some Edward Cullen shit last night." I tugged over my hoodie, slipping off my shorts and replacing them with my sweatpants. I could care less about it being right in front of him right now. "Are you hungry? Cereal or— yeah just cereal." I tried my best to divert the conversation.

He rubbed his eyes. "Anastasia, it's too early to be playing this game with you." He murmured in a husky morning voice.

"So no cereal?" I walked out of my room before he had the chance to open his mouth again.

I pulled open the cabinet to grab the cereal. I slid it onto the island then opened another cabinet to get two bowls. Just as I went to turn around Mason pinned my free hand to the counter, making me wince at the short lived pain. The glass bowls rumbled against the counter top as I tried to place them down.

"Anastasia..." He growled out. I pulled on my wrist against his palm. Squirming against his shirtless body that was pressing against mine. "You start so early with your games. I don't want to play this game." He chuckled with closed eyes. "Now I'll ask you again, tesoro. Who did this to you?" His leg wrapped around mine, pinning it still.

"No one did anything to me. You're fucking delusional." I pant a breath as I find myself stuck on what to say next.

Neither of us moved but when he did I flinched at his closeness to my face. "When I find out who the hell did that to you I'll mount their head on my wall." He merely whispered into my ear. "You wouldn't want to come over then and I can't have that now can I?" He was taunting me into revealing what I had struggled to keep inside my mouth.