T•W•E•N•T•Y-T•H•R•E•E

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

•----------• Anastasia White•----------•

[Dream]

I stood in the kitchen, flour all over my shirt. I was trying to help my mother bake a cake for Cassandra's sixteenth birthday.

To say I'm not a good baker would be an understatement. I'm a horrible baker. I tried to crack some eggs but ended up with at least three pieces of shells in the batter instead.

"How about you just stand over there and I'll finish this up." My mother laughed. Pushing me to the corner of the kitchen.

"I was trying to help." I grumbled, throwing my arms across my chest.

"And you should just stick to being an architect." I rolled my eyes at my mothers statement.

As I watched her stir together the vanilla cake mix something ached inside my chest. It was as if someone had jabbed me in the stomach with a knife and twisted it into my intestines. I ignored the feeling and continued to watch my mother put the cake into the oven. When she was done she walked over to me, wrapping her delicate hands around my body.

"I love you, Anastasia." My mother pulled back slightly so I could see her face. She reached a hand to my eyebrow, wiping away at something wet.

Her fingers were covered in blood as she retracted them. I pulled back startled. I turned to my reflection in the microwave. A trail of blood trickled down my eyebrow, then from my nose. My vision blurred and my knees gave way. I fell to the floor, hunched over in an agonizing pain.

"Mother! Help—" I cried out but it felt as if someone was sowing up my mouth to stop me from speaking. I mumbled a few incoherent words before slipping into a world of complete darkness.

[End of dream]

I swung my body to the side of my bed. Stinging, burning puke gurgling to the top of my throat. Then falling from my mouth to a splat on the hardwood of my apartment. I laid back, my hands resting on my bubbling stomach.

I groaned in pain. My body was on fire but every time I kicked off the blankets I would begin to shiver uncontrollably as a wave of coldness took me over.

A week had passed since I found out about Isla and my father. I haven't spoken to either of them. Not that they called to care anyways. I called my mother everyday but I had to bite my tongue every time father was brought up in a conversation. I also went with Cassandra to an ultrasound appointment. Her baby is so tiny and cute it makes me smile like an idiot whenever I think about it.

I also found out foundation and good coverage clothing were going to be my best friend for the next two weeks.

My phone started to buzz on my nightstand. Ah speak of the devil. "Are you okay, Cassie?" I asked as I put the phone on speaker.