S•I•X

•----------•
Anastasia White
•----------•

As I sat on Mason's knee, very awkwardly may I add

As I sat on Mason's knee, very awkwardly may I add. I pulled up the accounting records. He seemed to be having a serious conversation with whomever was on the phone.

"There." I whispered, pointing to the missing piece of information.

"Good." He replied. Mr. Moretti leaned over me. Taking a closer look at the data. "Jesus Wes, I'm fucking sure of it." He muttered into the phone line.

I tried my very best to not eavesdrop, but I found myself doing it anyway. I mean come on. He's practically yelling it all in my ear.

"Wesley, I don't pay you for lectures. Do as I said, I don't care if you're my best friend. I can and I will still fire your ass."

I shifted uncomfortably. Feeling as if I was invading a very personal phone call.

"Thank you, Wes. You're a very kind man." With that sentence Mr. Moretti hung up the phone.

I turned slightly to look at the man. He was completely lost in thought. I believe he was totally unaware of my presence. His hand gripped the inside of my thigh making me gasp slightly. "Eh— My apologies Ms. White." He said in a low whisper.

My mouth went dry as his voice reeked of seduction. Simply, Mason's voice made me swoon over him, I hated it. I hated that I felt flustered by such a man.

Without warning Mr. Moretti pushed me off him as he rose from his seat. "I see you got home fine."

I completely forgot about our little encounter outside of the club. I also forgot how much of a prick the guy standing in front of me was. The sudden burst of butterflies that I had once felt was long gone. They were held captive and to never be set free again.

"Yeah, thanks." My tone is dry. I quickly then found myself standing in front of him awkwardly while he presented himself tall.

"Get back to work. I'm also not paying you to stare at me Ms. White." My jaw set. Then released as I headed for the door of his office. "Oh and Ms. White." He stoped me.

"Yes?" I asked.

The corner of his lips curled into a mischievous smirk. "Don't ever be late again."

What— "Yes sir." I spit out quickly.

"...And your attire isn't appropriate for work. Your hair's a mess and you look like you just came out of a present day high school." Is he fucking serious right now?

I find myself repeating what I had already said. "Yes sir." He raised an eyebrow up at me. "I understand sir." I followed my response with.

"Good gir—" he coughed mid word, making what he had just said unrecognizable. "Very good Ms. White."