F•O•R•T•Y-T•H•R•E•E

•----------•
Mason Moretti
•----------•

I was so undeserving of Anastasia's grace

I was so undeserving of Anastasia's grace. Yet, she was so relentless. When I pushed, she pulled. When I faltered in her embrace, she quieted me. When I stopped trying, she smiled and brought me heaven. I was this thunderstorm that I was so weirdly freaked out about but Anastasia was this grave medicine that healed me of my demons. Anastasia never failed to make me smile, to laugh, to love her more than a friend should have. Even while all still being a demon with a treacherous past.

This woman who showed me a world worth being kind to was the same woman who showed me my flaws are less superior then the moments where I showed good.

Anastasia is mine, forever.

My arms tightened around her body but being sure to leave room for her to rip my arms away if she felt sick again. I begged her to let me just cancel our engagement party but she insisted because my mamma would be flying in for it and she didn't want to waste my mamma's time.

I inhaled her intoxicating scent. Making sure to remember every soft fragrance she leaves behind after she wakes up and moves around. "I love you." I whispered to her sleeping body. "I will never get tired of telling you just how much I love you, tesoro." She moved to face me but I was oddly surprised when she was still asleep.

I chuckled and pulled away. I slipped on some shorts and walked out to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Cassandra was at the island with her forehead pressed into the counter. I patted her back as I passed by her. "You didn't want to sleep in your room?" I asked.

She groaned and peered up at me through her hair. "No, because I was too anxious and I really wanted to talk to Anastasia but you guys were asleep." She pushed her fingers through her hair and tugged at her scalp. "But I've drunk three cups of coffee and now I'm pumped for this party." Although she spoke of enthusiasm her voice lacked it.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with tap water. Then quickly poured it down my throat. I pushed the glass on the island before speaking. "Well you could just stay here. You are due this month, Cas." Today was March first. The first day of a new month is always refreshing.

"Yeah I know but I waited so long for this that I couldn't possibly live with myself for missing it." She laughed before standing from her chair. "I'm going to take a shower." She told me before disappearing down the hallway and into her room.

I cleaned some dishes and swept the floor before going back into the bedroom. Anastasia was still sound asleep so I took this time to change into better looking clothes. I pulled out a white sweater and a pair of light washed jeans to pair with my white shoes. I pulled out a gold watch from my drawer and slipped it on. I spotted my gold chain necklace with the pendant from Anastasia around it. I pulled it out carefully and hooked it around my neck.