part 1.

3rd person POV//

A normal day for little miss Rosalie as she sat quietly in the back lawn of the orphanage admiring the flowers and trees she's admired hundreds of times before. Her eyes seemingly shining a little brighter as the wind blows the nature around her gently. The darker clouds that slowly and menacingly rolled in over her head and the orphanage from a distance seemingly not on little Rosalie radar; however it wasn't until gentle and slow rain drops began to fall that she managed to tear her curious E/C eyes away from the beautiful nature around her and up to the slowly darkening sky above her head.

Although Rosalie was fond of the rain and thoroughly enjoyed playing in it, she wasn't fond of what usually followed the gentle rain drops. Her lips turn in to a swift frown as the sky rumbles angrily above her and a clash of light stunned her young eyes for only a split second before a crackle was heard.
Rosalie's feet swiftly lifted her up and she began to quickly move her small legs towards the back orphanage door only to have it swung opened right before her eyes knocking her balance off just barely. There she was met with none other than her 'mother' , well the homes mother staring down at her. The lady was a tad bit on the older side, and had grey hairs popping out left right and centre of her head. She always had a resting sneer upon her wrinkly face and smelled of old person. The older kids in the orphanage always say she was getting too old for her job and that she would break her back trying to fold laundry one day.

Besides that- Rosalie stared up at the older woman with wide eyes almost as if she was a deer caught in headlights before ultimately putting her head down and slipping through the opened door only to have it slam shut and locked behind her back. The small girl kicked her shoes off and let the warmth of the building she called home consume her. 'Mother' pushed past her with quite mumbling, only being able to hear simple words like 'trouble some' or how the children were 'getting on her nerves'.

Rosalie not understanding the rude words just mumbled about her simply shrugged and let a very quite huff of air out, her messy hair was lightly damp from the rain and it was getting in her eyes; however she gently wiped the extra strands out of the way with her small hands and started her way down the hall towards the stairs.

When Rosalie had finally climbed up all the stairs her small hands had then pushed the door closed to her room shortly after entering, as she wondered over to her small bed changing in to her old pyjamas. She didn't know how to wash clothes so she would wait until a big kid asked her if she needed help, or would simply wear the same outfits. It was understandable since she was never taught and most of the kids only learned because they took that step too.  Rosalie couldn't, she didn't want to bother 'Mother' when the woman always seemed so busy.

Though, with all the big kids getting adopted now a days Rosalie was running out of options, who would help wash her clothes or brush her hair? Who would help her through all the pain of others being adopted while she sat with her sad doe eyes brimming with tears?
These thoughts always worried her small brain and it terrified her. She was convinced that she was never going to have someone to lean back on to, like a mother, a father, even an older brother or sister that would truly care for her, if dreaming of a family wasn't enough little Rosalie hoped endlessly in her small mind for a place she can truly call home. Something she thought would only be achievable in her dreams.

Oh how wrong little Rosalie was.

//AN: Hello everyone ! Whew , first chapter done and out of the way! I hope you're enjoying it so far. Only 787 words unfortunately, quite short for my liking but I can guarantee the chapters will become longer soon enough !

Please leave me feedback as I don't really feel like the first chapter is compelling or long enough and it's bugging me aha ! I'm always opened to new ideas so don't be shy to mention anything. Just please be respectful and understand that I'm having fun with this, it's something new to me! :)

Thank you, please stay safe and healthy. //