part.23

third person pov//

The two siblings were back in the home after getting soaked in the rain that had progressively fell harder and harder only to drag a storm over the families home.

Although Rosalie had grown up, when she heard the rumble of thunder shake the ground when they walked along the garden, and when the flash of lightning struck across the sky that made her eyes sting she could help but break down in to a nervous wreck. Of course the poor girl couldn't blame that reaction on herself.

She had never gotten over any of her fears.

Alexander didn't let her, rather he used it to his advantage for the past six years.

Make her terrified.
Let her panic.
Let her cry.

Then console her.
Remind her who is there for her.
Remind her who will protect her.

Alexander takes a disgusting amount of pride in his actions. More specifically when he reminds her that he is the only person in her life that will never leave her. He has never failed to remind the little girl these past six years who will always protect her and be on her side.

He's engraved this all powerful supportive brother mindset in to her tiny mind.

He has corrupted her young brain in to believing he is truly the only one that can be there for her. She doesn't go crying to their father when scared, not mother, the maids or the guards.

Just him.

Every.
Time.

He thrives off of being needed by her, lives off her ignorance and innocence.

He craves it.

Craves her.

-

Alexander's arms were tightly kept around the girl as she shook like a leaf. Her body curled in to itself trying to not only stop the quivering of fear but rather the cool breeze that followed the two back inside the residence they called home.

Shaking walls and bright flashes consumed the uncomfortably quiet mansion as Alexander hushed the small girl and lead her up the stairs.
Upon arrival he used his shoe to gently kick the small girls door open and nudge her in.

Letting go of her body after gently pushing her on the bed Rosalie shot up and grabbed on to him as soon as his back was turned.

God did he like that.

"Come now Rosalie, you have to let go. I'll run you a bath to warm up. Don't worry, I'm right here."
He reassured, his voice smooth like silk as he pulled himself from her iron grip. A whimper left her lips that didn't do anything to stop the growing heat of adoration flooding Alexander's chest towards the girl.

He didn't just like it. He loved it.

Leaving her to herself he quietly kicked his shoes off and placed his wet flower crown on the near by dresser before entering the bathroom.

The girls eyes watched him before his figure disappeared behind the door. With shaky hands she took the flower crown off her head and delicately moved it around to ensure it wasn't damaged by the rain. A small smile started to slip across her quivering lips when realizing it was perfectly intact because of Alex's body shielding hers on the way in.

How lovely. Such a kind and caring brother.

The sound of shuffling caused her eyes to snap up quickly, placing the flower crown gently on the bed beside her. Rosalie watched as Alexander exit the bathroom and held a hand out for her.