part 19.

Rosalie's pov: //

Recently I've been trying to stay away from Alexander, after his scary teacher told me I was a bother I didn't wanna do that anymore.. however, big brother is very addicting to be around, constant praise, physical affection, gifts, and jokes.. it's hard to stay away.
So I take breaks, like at night so we can read together and cuddle, or at dinner when he helps clean me up! Oh and when I wanna show him my colouring.

...

...

...

I'm not very good at it, so right now i'm simply on a break...of leaving him alone... again.

It's hard work avoiding him and making sure he isn't sad so as a good little sister I've gotta cut him some slack.
Of course I didn't think it would be caused by him barging in my room while Miss Mary was helping me get dressed and demand he do my hair.

So here we are.

I now have myself plopped in his lap and him braiding my hair for the day ahead. Apparently we're going out to the big city with Valentina and Anthony so they can take me shopping and show me where they work.

I'm excited! I can't help but wiggle and bounce around, besides I've only received a few warning tugs to sit still by Alexander while he attempts to do my hair so he must be in a good mood too.

-

Time passed and it was around noon, both Anthony and Valentina have been appearing and disappearing all throughout the home all day. Alexander has been especially touchy and everyone else seems so on nerve.

It's weird.

Walking down the stairs by my self I wanted to greet the chef in the kitchen and possibly get a snack.. but when I opened the door slowly the chef had swiftly turned and left the kitchen.

'Did i do wrong? Do i stink?' I wondered and leaned my head to the side a bit to sniff at my hair not getting anything but the smell of my freshly washed hair.
  Turning slowly, a pout evident on my face I left the kitchen only to run in to Alfred. The male gently grabbed my shoulders to steady me from tumbling backwards and smiled softly.

"Hello Miss, what are doing coming from the kitchen?" His gentle and elderly voice spoke, I always thought it sounded so nice!

"Oh! Uhm.. went to get a snack, but I think 'm too dirty."

  "Ah! Dirty, you? Goodness young miss you're not dirty at all. What causes you to think so?" He replied so panicked it made me step back out of his grasp.

"Everyone avoids me now but you and Miss Mary..Do I stink Mr. Alfred?" I questioned pulling at my shirt and sniffing it before sniffing at my hair again. I smelled nice, like shampoo and my clothing like Alexander.

"No, no you don't smell bad at all! How about I get you a snack I'm sure the chef must be preparing for dinner in a rush is all."

"That makes sense! We do eat lots, it always tastes so good too that must take lots n lots of time!" I reasoned easily. It made sense, perfection takes time is what Valentina says! Shes mamma, mamma's are always right!
Plus, Alfred would never lie.. right?

"Mhm, that's right. The chef must be rather busy." He confirmed, face twisted in one of almost annoyance when speaking though. As if he himself was bothered by the chefs actions.

—————

It wasn't long after that Rosalie had a belly full of delicious snacks, and a happy smile all over her face.
  This was all thanks to the feast of food that she had received in small portions from Alfred.

'He should get a raise. I'll bring that up.. maybe.'

Rosalie was now standing at the front door shoes on jacket over her shoulders and bear in hand that Alexander had gifted the girl the week back.
  Bouncing on the tips of her delicate toes when Alexander suddenly started to approach from the far hallway, his face looked like it was in a scowl but as soon as his eyes landed on the little girl patiently waiting at the door a smile spread across his lips causing the small ones heart to jump in joy and the smile to spread.

"Alex!" Her young voice squealed in pure excitement of seeing his presence, and on unbalanced legs stumbled my way over.

"Hello little baby." Alex says gently holding on to the small body, his hand running a top her hair that he loved to play and yank with so much. Taking care to not mess up the braid he took such time with.
'Little baby.. how mean!'

'Alex has been calling me that since his teacher got mad at me. Stupid big brother always acting like he's years and years older than me but he is still a kid too! Even daddy is doin it too! I don't hate it.. but still I'm a big girl.... even if I am the baby of the family... meanie, meanie, meanie...'
Rosalie's little mind wizzed with continuous thoughts against Alexander's words, mumbling and grumbling leaving her lips before finally fully opening her mouth to speak.

"I'm a big girl." The little girl declared squeezing her hold on him a bit in realization of her whining voice.

"Big girl huh..? You? Ha, please Rosalie you're just a little girl, my little baby sister. Isn't that right? Big girls do everything on their own, but.."
his words paused as his body leaned down and his face was right against the girls ear, flush to whisper in.
".. you need me. You can't do anything with out me, and that's okay. That's why I'm here, isn't that right?"

'I can't do anything..? 's kinda right! 'm too short and everyone isss so scary..darn..'
She embarrassingly thought to herself giving in to his overly persuasive words. Slowly pulling away from the hug and with her free hand kept a clenching a fist full of his clothing.

"Alex is right.. brother is always right.." a pout passed her small lips. "I'll always need you. So you can't.. uhm.." she hesitated.
".. you can't just leave me when I get bigger cuz I'll be upset!" She once again demanded, voice wavering even at the thought. Cheeks bright red at the confession she found to be embarrassing after saying.

"Of course not." He spoke gently smiling down on her before glancing away towards the approaching figures of his parents.

'I won't ever be able to live without you, as you won't without me. I'm your life line after all .'
He thought lifting a hand and gently patting the girls head, pulling it back against his body. Cold eyes and a stone face replaced the soft appearance he was once giving his sister.