part 16.

Alexander's pov //

By night fall, the once dark blue sky's coated with grey were now a array of blacks and flashes of white as lighting streamed across them. Dribbles of rain pattered against the window and only faintly could I hear the rumbling thunder growing closer to our home.

my eyes laid strained on the window watching as the light danced across the sky followed by thunder only gradually getting louder.

'Rosalie doesn't like storms.'
'I hope this doesn't wake her if she's sleeping.'

'Will she be okay without... us?'

"Just shut up."
i grumbled annoyed at the voices in my head. However I couldn't stop my own mind from worrying over and over about my dear sister.. though what broke me out of my trance was the sound of knocking at my bedroom door, it was too heavy to be Rosalie and that thought alone made me lose any interest at who it may be. Rather it made me feel a bit of almost disappointment, maybe even a little annoyance.

    "Enter." I called out and listened as the door knob turned and the light of the hallway flooded in to my room.

Eyes only breaking away from the window to glance over at the new arrival, however seeing Alfred standing there brought almost a relief to my once tense body.

    "Good evening young master, my apologies for bothering you. I thought it would be best to change the bandages on your hands." He spoke quietly towards me as to not disturb the rather eerie feeling that filled the room.

"Just do it quickly Alfred, I don't want my father finding out about this."

"Yes, I understand." Alfred replied quickly and rushed to my restroom only to come back seconds later with the first aid kit and a clean cloth.

In this time i had sat on the edge of my bed and taken off my poorly re wrapped hands. Looking down I saw the split open wounds from my outburst earlier and couldn't help but feel my ears warm in embarrassment.

"Goodness young master, what happened? Why are almost all these wounds re opened? We should get the families doc-"

"No! Don't even think about it, it's like you're wanting me to get punished you stupid butler. Mind your place." I spit harshly eyes sharp while glaring at the old man before me who didn't look the slightest out of place in response to me snapping at him. Rather he looked annoyed.

'He's probably use to this.. he helped raise my father after all.'
  I thought to myself looking away from the butler and down to my hands again. I didn't expect him to give no warning to his touch so when I felt the cleaning alcohol soak my hands flinching was inevitable, a hiss left my lips and my arms uncontrollably jolted back.

"my apologies." Alfred spoke half heartedly.

'Bastard did that on purpose'

-

I closed the door behind Alfred as he left my room with hands full of bloody wraps, cloths, and a surprisingly intimidating warning to be easy on my hands. As much as I wish to deny my enjoyment of his presence i cannot.. he's practically my grandfather at this rate.

I wondered over to my bed once more and laid down in the dimly lit room only to have it lit up by a flash of lightning, soon followed by a grumble of thunder that shook the home.

It wasn't even seconds later that my door squeaked opened and the hall way lights flooded the room once more with an unwelcome presence.

"Alfred I thought-" when my head finally turned to the presence standing there my body shot up instantly.