part 24.

third person pov //

It's been hours since dinner. Rosalie went to bed happily after an hour of cuddling and talking her little self to sleep. She refused to sleep in her own bed because she had missed Alex so much during the day and the storm that continuously raged outside the home didn't help much either.

It was tiring work listening to her talk away for someone who was already on the brink of passing out during dinner but he would listen to her all the way through no matter what, even if it was words full of dread and hatred.

-

Having successfully slipped out of bed and out of the room without making so much of a creek of the floor boards.
Alexander's tired body dragged itself to the main floor where he was met with his fathers right hand man, Victor, the man who he had texted after his shower.

A single message had now wound him up in the situation he was in now. With a slight nod of his head he was being lead through a usually locked door and down the stairs to the basement. The basement that was undeveloped and coated in dried... well everything. His father dealt with plenty of 'troublesome' work down here. It was Anthony's dream play place.

His father nor his mother was who they said they were, Alex knew that.

Following along further in to the basement he was lead to the centre where he was swiftly grabbed by the wrists and chained to the ground.
  The air was dry, the floors were sticky and his body nearly heaved at the rancid smell of decay that wafted all throughout.

"You requested a punishment Young Master Alexander. Is this still what you wish for?" The man, his fathers right hand asked. His voice not wavering and his gaze as tough as stone.

"Are you doubting my word Victor?" Alex gritted out in tired frustration, his all famous glare being sent over his shoulder to the male who currently towered over him.

"I would never do such a thing Young Master. Please forgive me for my actions." He said simply.. he didn't mean it.
  The man walked to a table in the corner and grabbed a knife and whip. With that he trudged back over and began slicing the back of Alexander's shirt open with swift and clean movements.  A movement so smooth it was clear he's done this plenty over the years.

"Get on with it. Don't play nice." Alex gritted out, breaking the defining silence that swallowed the basement whole. Alexander clenched his jaw when the sound of a chuckle was heard.

"You asked for this young master, I'll make sure to give you a good punishment for your actions." 
  The older man gently stroked Alexander's back and breathlessly pushed the young boy down further to the ground letting a soft grunt of approval slip through his lips.

"I really do love giving punishments~" Victor spoke almost to himself before tossing the knife aside and raising his arm that held the whips handle in hand. In a swift movement he swung down and a barely audible gasp of pain followed after the crack reverberated throughout the basement.

Silence followed after as the two soaked in the first lash.

"Beautiful.. I really do love seeing red on you young master, it contrasts your skin so beautifully." He groaned and raised his arm again.

'Disgusting Bastard.'
  Alexander thought to himself while keeping his head lifted off the ground.

'We're no better, you know that.. don't you?'
  His stupid mind reminded him before-

CRACK!
CRACK!
CRACK!
CRACK!

four in a row, four lashes in a row and the searing pain struck him to the core. His mind went blank and his lip began to bleed from the impact of his own teeth digging in to the flesh.