part 7.

Third person pov //

— 1 month later —

An exact month had passed since the first day the Caddels laid eyes on little Rosalie. That day when they left was hard for the girl, she cried and they had to stay for an extra thirty minutes explaining to the poor girl that she couldn't go home with them for a bit still. That they weren't ready yet. The whole ordeal made Alexander's skin crawl, watching her bright innocent eyes shed such tears and the whimpers that left her lips. The way she would pull on his sleeve as if trying to drag him back in to the home with her. It got to the point where they had made her promises of coming more than the times they agreed with 'mother', as well as bribed the little girl in to calming down by using candy or stuffed animals. After that long process they were eventually able to take their leave.

Throughout that month they had a few slip ups again just as the first day but as her trust grew and her reliance on their being amplified she learned to stress her little brain for the days on end and relieve it when she saw them again in their many regular visits with one another. Rosalie was pleased when the family was around, more so than anything she began to get more comfortable with Alexander. They would constantly play or she would read to him however her reading was significantly poor, and almost un comprehendible. The first few times she read anything for Alexander he bullied her, he teased her for it. He may not have showed her much emotion however he would grumble more, touch her and keep his eyes on her more, he had begun to seemingly accept her being in the family. However Rosalie didn't know that, but she could only assume he tolerated her as his sister because he had too with how much he put up with..right?

The last week has only been Alexander showing up to visit. Whenever he arrived everyone was quiet and kept to themselves, unlike Anthony and Valentina - Alexander didn't put up a front. He had never tried to make himself look a way he wasn't for the sake of others, and this fact scared many. Even at 10 the older children in the home would avoid speaking or looking at him when he would visit Rosalie. The glare in his eye when he spoke or even remotely glanced at a person who wasn't Rosalie was evident to everyone but the little one herself.

Even today, the leaving day of them all it was only Alexander. He had told her that his parents stopped by very early this morning to do the finishing signing of papers and that they have been very busy with work and preparing for another child in the home.

However that wasn't the case, they made a good impression, paid the money they needed too, got her a room and some toys. They have already begun to check out and Rosalie has yet to even leave the home she lived in now.

Rosalie bounced on the balls of her feet as she waited for Alexander to finish explaining the situation to 'mother' of his parents absence. Rosalie's eyes were practically sparkling with all the excitement running through her veins.

'Mother' was trying to avoid keeping up with the eye contact of Alexander's glare, however ended up regretting it when she looked out the window to see guards standing by the vehicle and then glanced behind the younger boy to see two more standing tall, like towers over everyone. Her eyes shot right back down, she avoided them all.

'Why did this family have to be so intimidating?!' She thought to herself

"Alex can we go now?!" Rosalie finally piped up from beside 'mother' and dragged her medium sized, half empty suitcase over to the male she was to call her big brother.

"A second Rosalie, Im speaking." The boy said only sparing her a second of a glance catching the puffed cheeks of a pout on her face. He couldn't help but let a smirk crawl across his features at her pout. Adorable.