Chapter Seven: Chaeyu's Big Break

While Nanu and the LDS students were having their duels at their school, Chaeyu was out exploring the city surrounding the academy. She had walked quite a bit as well, and looks around the place. Duels were happening almost everywhere it was safe and legal. In parks, on sidewalks, in neighborhood cul-de-sacs, even on motorcycles!

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!! SERIOUSLY!!

"This dimension is crazy for this card game..." She says to herself as she explores.

Walking into a park, she overheard some laughter. "An' then Ah said "Ya can't beat meh with weak monsters lik dat!' Gahahaha!" A man with a terribly southern accent laughs. "Kid was scared shitless! Name was summin lik Nanunu, or summin! He didn't stand a chance!"

Chaeyu has never heard such bullshit in her life. So, despite how she had JUST learned how to play this card game, she walks over to the group of cackling men.

"Is that so? Something tells me that isn't how this story goes." She says. While she had no evidence, she had a feeling something convenient will pop up.

"Oh yea? Ya got proof, missy?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't. But knowing my dad, he would never lose to someone like you." Chaeyu spoke straight facts.

"You're lying...!" A timid voice spoke up as well. "Mister Nanu beat you so bad, you ran off crying!" The boy says.

"You again—?!" The older man freaks out.

"I thought so." Chaeyu smirks. "Hey kid, what was the name of the card he was beat with?"

"The Arrival Cyberse @Ignister!" The boy answers enthusiastically. "Mister Nanu beat this guy up for me. He was trying to take my money by forcing me into a duel..."

"Picking a fight with a little kid to get some cash? How poor do you have to be to do that?!" Chaeyu shamed the guy as his buddies slowly started backing away.

"Wha—?! You shut yer mouth, girly! Unless you want a whoopin' next!" He shouts.

"Bring it! If dad can beat you, so can I!" Chaeyu was getting into the swing of things now, as she readied her deck.

"Duel!"

"Ah'm goin' first." The bald man says and looks at his hand, grinning. "Ah activate mah Continuous Spell, Cursed Eldland! And Ah use its effect to pay 800 LP to add Eldlich the Golden Lord to mah hand! Then, Ah set 4 cards face down. By using Eldlich's effect, Ah can send him to the GY, along with one Spell or Trap on mah field with him! I target my Cursed Eldland. Then, once he's in mah GY, I can send another Spell or Trap to the GY, add him to mah hand, and Special Summon him! Come out, Eldlich the Golden Lord!" With a string of effects, the ugly bastard easily managed to bring out his ace monster. "When he's summoned lik this, he gets 1000 extra ATK and DEF, and can't be destroyed! Ah end mah turn." The man grinned.

Looking at the large golden monster, Chaeyu had a sneaking suspicion that she may not be able to win this. But she was sure as hell gonna try!

"I draw!" Chaeyu starts her turn. Chaeyu looks at her her hand, and reads her options carefully. 'Using this will decrease my hand, but it'll also fill it up faster over time...' She thinks, and plays her first card. "I activate my Continuous Spell, Guarded Treasure! By discarding all of the cards in my hand, I can draw 2!" Chaeyu starts with a risky move. She drops her hand for two more cards. 'You're...just what I need...!' She smiles. "As long as Guarded Treasure remains on the field, I can draw 2 cards during my Draw Phase instead of 1! Then I set a monster face down on my field and end my turn with that."

"Tha's it?! Gahahaha! I thought you were gonna be good at this! Wail, whateva! At this time, Ah activate mah traps! Guardian of the Golden Land and Conquistador of the Golden Land! When Ah reveal these cards, Ah can Summon them as if they were monsters! Ah would activate Conquistador's effect, but Ah feel bad for ya, so I won't destroy yer Guarded Treasure. Gahahaha!" The man says and draws his card. As it turns out, he would soon come to regret that decision. "I attack yer face down with Eldlich the Golden Lord!"