Chapter Twenty One: Laura's Anguish

"Laura...? Will you marry me?" A deep voiced, tall male spoke to the young Laura, who was 18 at the time this happened, down on his one knee and presenting a ring to her.

"Jared... Yes...! Yes of course...!" Laura smiles, and accepts the ring with a smile.

The male, named Jared Kanzaki, also smiles. A genuine smile. The one of a man in love.

However, after accepting the ring, the world around went dark, everything was gone. The only sight Laura could see was the outline of her husband, walking down a dark path alone.

"Jared...! Jared! Please! Don't go! Don't leave me alone!!" Laura cries out, tears streaming down her cheeks.

———

"Jared...!" Laura shoots up from her bed, panting. Once again, there were tears running down her face. Once she realizes it was just a dream, she sighs, and wipes her face. She soon gets out of her large bed for 2, and walks to the bathroom. She washes her face, takes a shower, then goes down to eat breakfast with her family. Excluding her missing husband. She sighs audibly, which the eldest children knew meant she had that dream again. But it wasn't like they could do anything to help. They had school to attend, after all.

So instead, they turned to Amu to stay with her, since she was a bit of a truant at school anyway, and has ditched on multiple occasions. The only reason she's still enrolled at her middle school was because Laura's company is the biggest sponsor of the Gamindustri Duel Academy, and she just so happened to be one of Laura's children. Yes, there is favoritism. But it doesn't affect her school grades and other things, Amu can handle that herself.

"Mom...? Did you have that dream again...?" She asked.

"Yes, sweetie... I did..." Laura admits.

"Do you want to take a day off from work and set your mind straight?" Amu asked.

"...I suppose I should... Thank you, Amu." Laura gives her daughter some pets on her head, as they walk out of the house together to clear her head.

———

"Drytron Meteonis Draconids, attack!!" Laura calls out as her mechanical dragon crashes into her opponent's monster, winning her the game. "Phew. That was a good game!"

"Ugh... Yeah. Thanks for the game. I thought I had you." The male said and walked off.

Laura smiles and watches as Amu also wins a game.

"I win." She says simply.

"Ugh... I couldn't do anything against your Trap cards..." The boy sighed. "Thanks for the game." He smiles and also leaves.

"Are you feeling a bit better now, mom...?" The daughter asked, and Laura nods.

"Yes, I'm doing fine now. Thank you, Amu." She check the time on her watch. "Would you like some pastries?" She asked.

"Yes please." Amu gives a small smile herself as they walk long the street, chatting about something or another. It wasn't that important. Just some girl talk between mother and daughter.

And after a nice little lunch, the two ladies start to make their way home, being greeted by Laura's other children. "So, how was your day today?" Nanu asked.

"It was lovely." Laura smiled. And while she wasn't exactly lying, she did put on a fake smile. Deep down, she was still feeling lonely. The bond between mother and child was nice. But what Laura wanted wasn't familial love right now, she needed romantic love. And after making and eating dinner with her family, she went straight up to her room to wash off in the shower.

She sighs as she washes her body off with soap, running her hands through her short brown hair with shampoo, and turns off the water once finished. "I wish...I had someone who would love me... Like before..." She says with her sigh as she heads to bed after drying her hair. Staring into the empty space of her bed, a single tear forming in her eye and falling onto her pillow before she drift to sleep.

———

The next morning came soon after, and when she opens her eyes, her eyes lay themselves upon a massive pair of booba right in her face. She had also felt a pair of arms wrapped around her head and resting on her back. Realizing there was a stranger in her house, nay in her BED, she screams and scrambles out of bed, falling on her back and waking the beautiful lady.

"Mm...~? Something happen...~?" The lady had a voice soft as velvet, and her body was simply stunning! And on her head was a pair of long horns long with her long grey hair.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my bed?!" Laura asked.

"Me~? I'm here because you wished me here~" The woman smiles gently.

"Wished...?! No no no no no! I didn't do that! You must be mistaken!"

"Hehehe. Trust me, dear, I know the smell of a lovesick cutie when I smell one~" She giggles and stands, wearing a very alluring lingerie.

The two head down to the dining room as Alice cooks breakfast for everyone, the stranger as well, as she happily excepted the food.

"So...what's your name, ma'am?" Nanu asked.

"Me? I am Angelique. A Duel Spirit." She says simply.

"A Duel Spirit? What does that mean?" Alice asked.

"Well, I wander around trying to find someone to hook onto. Oh, but not like a parasite. Like...a companion. Of sorts." Angelique smiles kindly.

"Well, she seems nice enough." Azura says.

"And...you wanted to hook onto me...?" Laura questions.

"Yes." The beautiful lady smiles.

"Well, I think it would be beneficial." Amu smiles.

"I think you're being a bit hasty." Laura says.

"No no, Amu has a point." Nanu says.

"She could help you with your loneliness." Alice says.

"I concur." Azura agrees.

Laura looks around at her children, then nods. "Okay then... If you all insist." She smiles.

"I'm happy to be with you, Miss Laura~" Angelique purrs and clings to Laura's small body.

"W-W-Woah...! Too fast, too fast...!" Laura says and tries to struggle and escape her grasp.

"Hehehehe~ I know we'll make a great pair~"