Chapter Nine: The Tranfer Student

"Good morning brother. You're up earlier than usual." Azura smiles as she eats her breakfast.

"Yeah. I slept like a baby last night." Nanu says as he sits across from her. "Did the middle schoolers leave already?"

"Yep. Shigure, Verno, Amu, Kagari, and Amira have all left for school already." Alice says. "By the way, where'd Chaeyu go? I didn't see her last night."

"Now that you mention it, I haven't seen her either..." Azura says.

"Oh yeah. She said she was gonna bring someone else with her. She should be back this afternoon." Nanu answers their questions.

"I see. That's a relief." Azura smiles again, then stands up. "I must be going. My choir is having an early practice session, and I don't want to be late." She says and leaves the house soon after.

"Do you have stuff to do, Alice?" Nanu asked.

"Nah. I'm free most of the day." She replies.

"Where's Athena?"

"The Duel Team is heading off to regionals tomorrow, so they're excused from school to practice and prepare."

"Makes sense." Nanu nods. "Well, how about we go to school together, then?" He offered his little sister.

"Yeah! That would be nice." Alice nods and stands up to grab her stuff, as Nanu does the same.

Taking the usual route, the two run into Kia, who greeted them kindly and went off ahead. They also met up with Mecha and her little sister, Run. The group walk to campus together and see someone standing at the front gates. A female. She wore the standard red duel academy uniform, and had pure white hair done in twin braids that run down to her shoulder blades. Nobody seemed to recognize her, but she had handily beaten a group of students that were attempting to haze her under the guise of "initiation".

"What's going on?" Nanu asked as he approached.

The white haired girl turns to face him. "Oh. You're Nanu Kanzaki, right? I've heard a lot about you at LDS." The girl says.

"I have fans?" He asked jokingly.

"Hah. As if. I'm just saying I recognize your skill. Don't get a big head." She said, and flipped her hair just to look sassy. "Name's Nina. Nina Ovettsi."

"You Russian, or something?"

"Apparently." Nina shrugged, and takes out her class schedule. "By the way, I'm trying to get to class 3-B. How would I get there from here?" She asked.

"Oh, so you're also a third year. I can take you there." He offered her.

"Thanks. That would help a lot." Nina bows to be polite, as she follows Nanu up to the third floor.

"3-B is just down the hall. There's a sign above the doors, so you can't miss it." Nanu points down past his classroom.

"Thanks again." Nina nods and walks off to her class.

"Hmm..." Nanu thinks to himself as he walks into the class. "Good morning class rep."

"Good morning!" Melannie greets him with a smile, and glances out the door curiously. "Who was that with you just now?"

"Her name was Nina. I think she just transferred in." Nanu says.

"Oh, I see. She's quite pretty." Melannie smiles.

"I guess." He shrugs. "I saw her beat down the usual oafs at the front gate. Didn't see her cards though."

"Strong at dueling too? I'm quite interested now. I wonder how well she'd do against you?" Melannie says.