Chapter Sixteen: Downtime

The buzz of the National Tournament has died down considerably by this point. For the 3rd year in a row, Athena Kanzaki managed to pull victory out once more, and she was the talk of the school. As was Fjorm. To the students who didn't watch the tournament, they just assumed Kyoki had lost in the first match, and Fjorm and Athena got the victories. But to those who did watch, they made sure to praise the first year for his amazing win. And against Yoshi Raijin, the strongest duelist at LDS!

And while everyone had their eyes on Athena, Nanu was off in the background, enjoying his peace and quiet. Yes. This was the main reason Nanu didn't join the duel team, as he doesn't like being crowded by too much people at once. 5 to 6 is his limit. However, his fame of being number 1 did have people talking to him. Mainly about another upcoming tournament. The Pro Series. Since he's at the top of his class, he was invited to take part without the need to participate in the qualifying rounds leading up to the tournament. While he didn't want to participate in the first place, he wasn't exactly given a choice, as they had already put him into the roster of duelists. And since Athena had won the Nationals, she was also placed into the roster, as was Yoshi of LDS, and Vincent. Basically everyone who participated in the Nationals Finals was automatically placed into the dueling roster.

"Seriously? I thought you didn't like tournaments?" Chaeyu asked as she was walking with Nanu home from school.

"Yeah, I don't. But my reputation proceeds me, as I was placed in the roster because of my 100% win record at school." He sighs. "Well, 99% now."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense. Of course the higher ups in society want to see you succeed." Chaeyu nods.

"Eh, I couldn't care less, really... Maybe I'll just throw my first match and be done with it." Nanu sighs.

"Knowing you, you'd probably just oversleep."

"Probably."

"Y-You're really not taking part in the Pro Series...?" A voice spoke behind them.

A wild Mecha had appeared.

"Huh? Well, I wasn't planning on it..." He scratches the back of his head.

"O-Oh, I guess that makes sense..." Mecha was hiding something behind her back.

"Uh, I mean... I guess...I could try...?" He says nervously.

'Mom totally baked him a pie to celebrate him being the tournament...' Chaeyu thought to her, and smacks Nanu.

"Ow! Father abuse." He groans.

"I think you should take it more seriously. Look!" Chaeyu goes over and shows the pie Mecha made for him. "Mom made a whole pie to celebrate the occasion! It would be rude to just have her throw it away!"

Seeing this, Nanu couldn't help but blush, and thinks for a second. "O-Okay then... I'll take it seriously." He sighs, but smiles.

"Really?!" Mecha's face lights up as well.

"Yeah. After all, I don't wanna embarrass myself, or Gamindustri Duel Academy." He says, totally just saying this to not make Mecha feel bad about the pie. "So, how about we sit down and eat that pie before it gets cold?" He smiles.

"Yeah, okay...!" The trio sit down, as Mecha takes slices out of the pie and puts it on some paper plates she had in her bag. She was prepared.

"Ooh, pie?! Can I join in~?" A second female voice says as a tanned female wraps her arms delicately around Nanu from behind him.

"Uh, I don't see why not...?" Nanu blushes.

Mecha puffs her cheeks in an adorable pout as she goes over and hooks herself onto Nanu's arm. "Sorry. I only made enough for us three." She says defensively.

"Don't be like that... I wanna congratulate him too, you know~" Kia grins and presses her ample chest against his back, causing Nanu to stiffen up.

'No...! Bra...!!' He was freaking out like a total virgin.

"Um, I don't see why she can't eat with us...!" Chaeyu chimes in, taking a neutral stance. 'Oh god, even in this dimension he can't be stopped...! And he's a total cards nerd! They never get women, do they?!'

"Ah! Nanu!" Another voice speaks up.

It was Harper from 5Ds Duel Team.

"What a coincidence to find you here!" The smol male says as he hides something behind his back.

"Uh, what was that?" Nanu asked.

"N-Nothing important!" The boy says and skips over to the group. "Oh! Are we eating pie? Can I have some?"

"No—!"

"Sure, why not?" Nanu says and hands Harper a slice, much to Mecha's protests. "The more the merrier, right?" He chuckles nervously.

'Why must he be this way...?' Chaeyu groans in her mind as she eats her slice of pie, her mood quickly changing for the better. "Yummy...~!" She squeals in delight.

"Well, I'm glad you like it." Mecha says as she moves away from Nanu, while also pulling Kia off him and sitting across of him, keeping the tanned babe within arms reach.

Nanu also takes a bite from his slice, and smiles. "This is awesome...!"

"Hehehe... The best pie for the best duelist." Mecha smiles with a blush.

Hearing this, Nanu also blushes, and looks away. "Th-Thank you..."

The group have nice long chats with each other until the pie was all gone.

"Oh yeah! Nanu, I found a cute kitty the other day. Do you wanna see it?" Kia asked, sounding innocent.

"Uh, I'm more of a dog person, honestly. Sorry, but I'm good. Haven't had many good experiences with cats." Nanu says.

"Oh, I see..." Kia says, trying to not sound disappointed. 'Dammit!!'

Off in the distance, the sound of rapid footsteps could be heard, making the group look over in the direction of the sounds. Once they locate the source, they see Yoshi from LDS running in the direction of Gamindustri Duel Acadamy, holding a singular flower and crying, as a group of bees are chasing after her. They catch up to her, however, and end up stinging her face. Once the bees had their revenge, Yoshi gets up, dusts off her uniform, and continues her way to Duel Acadamy.

"Hm. Well, thank you very much for the pie, Mecha. I should get going home now. Mom might need help with chores around our house." Nanu says as he stands up. "And thank you for the encouragement for the upcoming Pro Series. I'll do my best!" He gives her a smile and thumbs up before leaving with Chaeyu.