Chapter Thirteen: Duel Between Fire and Ice

And now, after a week's wait, it was time for the National Tournament Duels between Gamindustri Duel Acadamy and Leo Duel School. This time, the two schools were to going to duel on neutral grounds, best out of 3 match. Each team has 3 duelists, 1 first year, 1 second year, and 1 third year each. And so, the two teams face each other on the field to look through each other's decks via tournament officials and make sure everyone's decks are accurate to the deck sheets each person provided before the tournament. And as such, the teams had some time to chat.

"So, you started attending LDS, Vince?" Athena asked the current captain.

"Hm? Ah, yes I have. I didn't expect to see you here. I was honestly expecting to duel with Nanu." The male with white hair gives his sister a smile.

Vincent Kanzaki. A third year at LDS, captain of their duel team, and Nanu and Athena's other sibling. That's right. Triplets. He used to run an Aromage Deck, but has since changed to a Frightfur Deck. The reason was unknown, but Athena and Nanu assumed it was by their father's influence.

As they talked, something came up.

"Hey wait a sec... Why are both Hoshi and Yoshi here when they're both second years...? That doesn't seem fair..." Kyoki chimes in.

"Oh, they swap places sometimes. When one duels, the other duels next time. That sort of thing." Vincent explains.

"Oh... Okay..." Kyoki nods sheepishly.

Once the deck checks were finished, both sides went over to their viewing rooms for the matches to decide who was going to duel first.

"So, how do you two want to do this?" Athena asked her teammates.

"I think...I should—"

"I will duel first." A blonde female with fair skin speaks up.

"You, Fjorm?" Athena asked.

"Yes. I believe you or Kyoki should duel to secure the win. I know both of your strengths." Fjorm smiles.

"Okay then... And going by LDS's tournament record, they like to duel in year order. So your opponent will likely be..." Athena brings the opponent's roaster. "Laevateinn Volcan. Their first year choice."

"I see. Very well then. I will return victorious. I swear." The short haired blonde smiles, and steps onto the field.

Both duelists step up to their positions, and ready their duel disks.

"I wish you luck in our game, Laevateinn." Fjorm says with a friendly smile.

Laevateinn, a tanned girl with light pink hair done in long twin tails, only nods in response. She wasn't much of a talker.

"Duel!"

"Duel."

Laevateinn takes the first move. The girl looks at her starting hand, and nods. "I Summon Volcanic Slicer from my hand. Then I use its effect to deal 500 damage to you."

Just like that, Fjorm is hit with her first amount of burn damage.

"I set 2 cards face down, and I end my turn."

"That's it?" Chaeyu asked.

"Well, she did deal damage to Fjorm before she could to her, so I think that went as good as it could've for her." Damien says.

"She's conserving her resources. She is an LDS student, after all." Nanu says to her.

With that, Fjorm's turn starts. "I draw." The girl looks at her own hand. "I activate my Spell Card, Medallion of the Ice Barrier. Using this, I can add 1 Ice Barrier monster from my deck to my. And then I Normal Summon Revealer of the Ice Barrier. Using her effect, I discard a card from my hand, and Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Ice Barrier Tuner monster from my deck. I summon Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier. And using these monsters, I Synchro Summon! Sweep away all who would stand in your way! Synchro Summon, Level 6! Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!"