General Rules of the Story

At the moment of writing this, I have only construed a deck profile for Nanu's "@Ignister" deck. If I am accidentally tagging someone with the "@", please don't mind it, you're not obligated to read it if you don't want to, it's the just the name of the cards. Once I complete at least 3 deck profiles, I will start writing this story in earnest. So for now, I'll go over what you can expect out of this story.

1. Plot
Since this is a story, I need to keep it interesting and have points of conflict. If I didn't have plot, it would just be a story about friends playing card games with each other. I've watched the first season of Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress, nobody wants that kind of story. People want action with their card games! High stakes gameplay! And most importantly, product advertising in the middle of the life or death card game! Simple, right? Right. Moving on.

2. No meta
This is a story, not a Yugioh tournament. Character decks will strictly be archetype restrictive with only a few splashable spell and trap cards if the deck needs them. After all, one cannot run a Fusion Summoning deck without Polymerization or any such fusion card. In terms of monsters, however, there will be NO META DECK COMPS. No Drytrons and Heralds or the like like that. I'm also not going to be putting "hand traps" in my decks like Ash Blossom, Effect Veiler, or Maxx C. Once again, we need content in these stories, and we can't get said content if hand traps exist in the characters' decks denying the opponent from playing the game. Dueling is fun. But meta is not fun.

3. Original Characters
This story will not, unfortunately, be following Neptune. It will follow my Neptunia OC, Nanu Kanzaki, and his family/friends/love interests. If you were expecting Neptune to bust out the good ol' Duel Disk and whoop some ass into the next century, this is not that kind of story. However, I will be writing in Nepgear, Uni, and Rom and Ram, since I have OCs for their CPU Candidates. I will put Neptune and the others into the story in later chapters, but the story will mostly follow Nanu and his duels, as well as his family/friends/love interests. Also, there will be characters that some people will not recognize. I happen to be in a 6 year long roleplay with my long distance girlfriend, and we created new character upon new character upon new character. So I apologize in advance, as these characters have never seen the light of day in my stories, and this will be their first debut. I will try to make chapters for them so they get the same amount of development as the characters you've seen before, but if it seemed rushed in any way, let me know. I will do better.

4. Character Decks
While I tried my best to create decks that match up with the characters personalities, hobbies, and defining features, such as Nanu's multiple transformations is reflected in his "@Ignister" deck that uses multiple different summoning methods of different attributes. But there will be some that don't make as much sense at first glance. Such as Alice and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon/Predaplants. I'm not gonna go into detail as to why Alice uses this deck here, but I will once she has a chance to duel. Also, I did make an outline for what characters use what decks, and made a bit of a theme to them. Planeptune uses main deck monsters with some extra deck summoning methods (plus Link), Lastation uses Xyz decks (plus Links), Lowee uses Synchro decks (plus Links), and Leanbox uses Fusions (plus Links). Of course, there are oddballs, such as Saikoa (a Lowee CPU originally), using Gladiator Beasts (a Fusion deck). Once again, this is pertaining to her personality and defining features, in that she is very animalistic. However, main CPUs will be using their respective nation's summoning methods.

With these 4 rules and trends in mind, please enjoy. I will put out the deck list of the characters and what decks they use very soon.