Chapter Twenty Three: Grudge Match

Back at Gamindustri Duel Academy, the Placement Tournament was underway. Nanu, as usual, was on a winning streak. He wasn't even using The Arrival on these guys, they just surrender as soon as he gets Dark Templar on the field, as they know what's going to happen as soon as he drops. Once he gets through his class and secured number 1 in his class, it was time for the best of the bests to duel to see who is the best in their year, with one person from each class in each grade dueling each other. The first year list was Azura, Alice, and a girl named Shiro. The second year lineup consisted of Fjorm from the Duel Team, Kia, and Mecha. And the third year line up was Nanu, Nina, and Athena.

Firstly, the first years would duel each other. Azura had managed to defeat Shiro, but ended up losing to Alice, who was named Number 1 among the first years.

In the second year duels, Mecha had somehow managed to defeat Kia, then went on to win against Fjorm. Just barely, however, as Fjorm did play on a national level.

And lastly, it was the third year's turn. Nanu had managed to beat Athena (barely), and now it was time for Nanu's revenge match with Nina. The two duelist step up to the field, as the whole school was now watching them.

"Just a heads up, I'm not going to go easy on you this time." Nina called from across the arena.

"THAT was you going easy?" Nanu asked, genuinely surprised by her statement.

The commentator displayed a giant coin on the mega screen, with the heads side showing a Blue Eyes White Dragon, and the tails side showing nothing. "Will both duelist announce their sides?!" He asked.

"I choose tails." Nina says.

"So you're giving me head?" Nanu asked with a dumb smirk on his face.

The whole crowd started laughing at this stupid joke as Nina glares daggers at male standing across from her. "Even I did, don't cry too loudly if I decide to bite." She growls.

"Ooh, feisty. I can already tell you and I will get along like cats and dogs." He laughs.

"Yeah... Like oil and water..." Nina agreed as she prepared her duel disk. Nanu did the same.

Once the coin flipped, it landed on tails, letting Nina decide if she wanted to go first, or second. She opted to go first. Just like last time. 'If I play slowly but powerfully, it'll force him to bring out The Arrival in a rush. Just like last time...' Nina thinks to herself with a grin. Nina was going first this time. "First off, I Special Summon Linkslayer from my hand when I control no monsters. Then I also Special Summon Backup Secretary from my hand. I use Linkslayer and Backup Secretary to Link Summon Code Talker to my Extra Monster Zone. Then, I Normal Summon Clock Wyvern, and immediately use it to Link Summon again. Come out, Link 3 Excode Talker! I use Excode Talker's effect. I can make one of your Main Monster Zones unusable for every monster in the Extra Monster Zone. And since there's only one, I block the second Zone on the far right of your field."

Excode Talker completely shuts down part of Nanu's board, making it so he can't summon anything to that zone.

"I set 2 cards face down and end my turn there." Nina wraps up soon after.

'The same move, huh...? Is she trying to make this a repeat of our last game? Bad idea. Cuz if she thinks I haven't learned anything from my loss, then she's sorely mistaken.' Nanu thinks to himself as well and draws his card. He nods. "From my hand, I activate Ignister A.I.Land! I use its effect to Special Summon Pikari @Ignister! Pikari's skill, I add an A.I. Spell or Trap to my hand. I add A.I.dle Reborn to my hand! Then from my hand, I activate Doshin @Ignister's effect to Special Summon him to my field!" Nanu uses a different play than last time, surprising Nina. "I use Pikari's effect to change Doshin's Level to Level 4, and using these two monsters, I build the Overlay Network! Let your light illuminate our path to victory! Descend now, Rank 4! Light Dragon @Ignister!"