Chapter Eighteen: Alice's Affections Part One

The next few days pass by, Alice and Azura had just finished their classes, and both open their shoe lockers. Inside Alice's shoe locker, a slip of paper falls out, catching the young lady's attention as she picks it up.

"The hell?" Alice asked.

"A love letter?" Azura asked.

Wordlessly, Alice opens it and reads it. With a sigh, she crumples it up and walks to the designated location with Azura in tow, curious as to what's happening. After a few minutes, a young male comes up to the pair.

"H-Hello Alice..." The male says nervously. He seemed to be older than her, a third year, by the color of his black necktie that the male students wore.

"So what do you want?" Alice asked sassily. She was clearly annoyed by this.

"Alice Kanzaki, please date me!" He says and bows to the first year girl.

Alice stares at him with a deadpan face. "I don't even know who you are." She says and proceeds to walk past him.

The third year just stands completely still, still bowing his head. He was clearly trying to process what she just said.

"That was a bit harsh, don't you think...?" Azura asked.

"But it's the truth. If he wants to date someone, it should be someone who actually knows you exist." Alice says as she walks.

"I suppose that's true... But you could've been a bit nicer."

"If I was any nicer, he would have thought he had a chance. And if he thought he had a chance, he would've tried again. When dealing with this sort of unrequited love, you need to be direct and firm of where you stand." Alice explains. "And that's why that LDS girl keeps trying to court you."

"I guess so." Azura sighs. "But leave Yoshi out of this."

"Is that a hint of softness, I detect?" Alice grins.

"W-Well...she's charming..." Azura blushes. "In her own ways..."

"Man, you just keep proving my point." Alice says as the pair enter their home. "We're home!"

"Welcome home." Nanu smiles as he is currently making himself some lunch. "How was clubs?"

"Pretty good. Got confessed to. Rejected them." Alice says as she relaxes on the couch.

"Woah, that's rare." Nanu says.

"Yeah." She nods and closes her eyes. "I'm gonna nap..."

"Okay then. Sleep well." Nanu says.

———

The next day at school, Alice and Azura were eating lunch when the lavender haired girl felt something off. She turns her head over her shoulder, trying to locate the source but couldn't. It stopped as soon as she craned her neck around.

"Is something wrong, Alice?" Her sister asked.

"I dunno... I just felt like someone was staring at me." Alice said. "It's gone now..."

"How strange." Azura says and continues eating.

"Yeah... Strange..." Alice nods, already having an inkling as to who might be watching her.

———

This occurrence had happened once again the next day. And the day after that. For the whole week, Alice was stalked at school. And it was finally time for the stalker to get more bold. Following her home. Once again, Alice looks over her shoulder, the feeling disappears.

"Hey, Azu. Why don't you go on ahead? I have something I need to do in the city." Alice says.

"Oh, okay then. Be safe." Azura smiles and walks home from there, and Alice splits off, hoping the stalker would follow her and not Azura and learn her address. And thankfully, they didn't seem to be a very bright individual, as they did, indeed, follow Alice.