Chapter Seventeen: Preparation

Flashback

"Hey, Brother. Are you planning on participating in the Pro Series?" Vincent asked.

"I honestly don't know... Why would I?" Nanu shrugs.

"You don't wanna go pro?" Athena asked.

"Not really... I just wanna keep things casual."

"Well, then how about I give you some motivation." Vincent smiles. "A certain someone is playing to pull a sabotage during the Pro Series."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nanu asked.

"Oh, I think you should know who I'm talking about."

Nanu was silent for a second, but then sighs. "I'll think about." He says.

"Very well then. I can't push you to do something you don't want to do. But just know...you're the only person who can stop Him at this point. Dear old daddy."

"I think mom can handle him. With her Drytrons and all them." Nanu says.

"You'd be surprised. The power he's been seeking is finally in his hand." He chuckles. "Well, I should be going now. Take care now, you two." He smiles and starts to leave the two siblings.

"You don't think..." Athena mutters.

"There's no way." Nanu says. "Well, let's get home ourselves. Mom would definitely want to make a celebratory dinner for your wins."

"Hehehe, yeah, for sure. Then how about we bring Fjorm and Kyoki too? After all, the whole team won, not just me." The sister smiled as they go home.

"For sure." Nanu smiles as they walked.

End of Flashback

Nanu lays on his back, thinking back to what Vincent has told him the other day. "Is it possible...? Did father really learn about those cards...?" He wonders aloud.

A knock is heard at his door. "Hey dad?"

"Come in." Nanu sits up as the door opens, and Chaeyu and Damien enter together. "What's up, you two?" He asked.

"We wanna enter the Pro Series." Chaeyu says.

"Oh? So you wanna learn how you can enter? Is that it?" Nanu asked, and they both nod. "Well...to enter the Pro Series, you need to have at least 30 duels and have a win rate of 60%. But considering the Series starts in 2 weeks, I don't think you'll have time for that." He says.

"Seriously...?! Why 30?!" Chaeyu complains.

"Isn't there another way?" Damien asked.

"Well...yeah, there is. But it's not exactly easy. Well, for average people anyway. You have to win 6 duels in a row. No losing allow. If you lose, then have to do the 30 duels like everyone else." Nanu explains. "But since your protagonists, I'm sure it'll be a breeze for you guys."

"Hmm... Yeah! We can do that! Right, Damien?!" Chaeyu smiles.

"Y-Yeah...!" Damien nods.