➤ chapter 10 | orange

"LOKI! That's enough!" You rebuked, large steps towards the cat as he was on top of a trembling young girl, growling hard as he bares his sharp fangs

"LOKI! That's enough!" You rebuked, large steps towards the cat as he was on top of a trembling young girl, growling hard as he bares his sharp fangs. You stopped his actions before he does something worse. Not to devour her of course, just some intimidation.

From your command, he stands down, getting off from her. When he sat down just about meters away from the lass, the tiger gave you a disapproving look for stopping his actions. The said lass could only glance at you both with fear on her wide brown eyes.

You sighed and shake your head as to what had occurred earlier on.

—Earlier

Arriving to another island, it was that time to do some groceries and shopping for other needs. It was another decent island with a wealthy city and crowded people. Along with you were your supply bag and a list of things you need to buy. Loki didn't want to accompany you this time because he didn't want to help. Figures.

But it was good since the place didn't have a port and you had to anchor the ship somewhere from a rock formation that would hide the vessel. Going into the subtle city, the path you had taken towards the small city was from a forest that was only a few meters away.

"That would be one-hundred thirteen berries in total!" The man behind the stall said, giving you a plastic bag that was filled with the fruits, you bought. You grabbed your wallet from your pocket and paid the owner. After that, you went off to a new stop.

"Let's see..." Looking over to the list once more, you saw everything that is checked making you grin, satisfied. "I'm done." You stretched your arms up wide with a content smile as you continued to walk.

There's nothing really much to do now. I've explored have the city already since it is quite small. My magic is quite exhausted still from my latest experiment and sailing, so maybe I'll stay here for one more day.

You put the palm of your hand to your left cheek, in a thinking manner. Maybe I should make more potions and medicine with the new herbs I bought to waste some time. You nodded to your thoughts while lost in it, you didn't notice the bunch of men screaming and running behind you. Hearing the commotion, you were about to turn around when they all pass by your side and some bumping to your shoulders rudely.

"FIND THE THIEF!"

"GET OUT OF THE WAY LADY!" One of the men said behind you as you quickly sidestepped from the side. You clicked your tongue in annoyance and glared at the running group, who were now meters ahead of you. What the hell is their problem?!

One of the passerby's came up to you and asked for your condition. To which you responded that you're fine, still irritated after what happened. They nodded in acknowledgement and left you alone.

You took a deep breath and sighed, composing yourself as you continue to walk once more towards the forest at the edges of the city. It was only fifteen minutes from the walk but you took your sweet time, engrossed from the beautiful surroundings of nature. It was a therapeutic honestly. An alone walk just with your blank and random thoughts with the silent nature around.