➤ chapter 26 | a whale named laboon

A loud wailing echoed through the mountain, which shocked you and Loki at how loud it was

A loud wailing echoed through the mountain, which shocked you and Loki at how loud it was. The sound was too loud, making you cover your ears.

"ARGHHH! So fucking loud!" Loki yelled as he stumbled around. The wailing was unbearable to his sensitive ears. In the corner of your eyes, you caught a glimpse of something up ahead. The fog was getting thicker every second going down the mountain, fogging your vision. Your eyes narrowed to inspect closely. "What the?" You murmured.

You glanced over Loki, one hand over the wheel and the other on his ear. 'I feel bad.' You sweatdropped. Even though he is a magical being, they're still animals. Intelligent animals. "Oi, Loki, heads up! Something is blocking our way." You warned him.

His head turned to you. "What!? I can't see shit with these clouds around." Before you could say more, another wail emitted from the unknown animal, and you instinctively covered your ears. 'Where is that coming from?' The fog had finally cleared up, being able to see what was up ahead. You paled at the sight of a wall.

"WHAT!?" You screamed. "W-WALL!?"

"HEY! HEY! WE'RE GONNA CRASH!" Loki exclaimed.

You clicked your tongue, panicking inside. "What should we do? I have to levitate us," You were ready to summon your staff to float the ship up. However, when you were all closer to the 'wall,' your jaw dropped as it wasn't a wall.

It was a gigantic whale.

"A-A whale?!" You chocked. "Either way, the ship will crash into that whale if I don't do something!" The protection barrier may protect you guys from the impact and prevent the ship from damaging. However, it will hurt the whale ahead, and you don't want to do that.

You summoned your staff. "Manipulation Magic: Gravity!" You pointed the tip of your magic staff onto your ship. Your magic aura wrapped around the whole vessel and started to float. The ship slowed down as it landed at the foot of the mountain. You released your magic, making you sigh in relief, successfully preventing a disaster. Loki steered to the right, avoiding the whale carefully.

You clapped your hands. "First day in the Grand Line, we almost died. Great!" You glanced down at Loki, who was already calm after all that then your eyes traveled to the giant whale. You even had to crane your neck upward to inspect the whale, but still, you could only see its front.

"Wow..." You drawled out. "I've never seen a whale so big. It's almost the size of a mountain."

Loki steered to the side where you could see its eyeball. His gold eyes stared right back at it. "It's suffering." The familiar can sense it.

Your eyes widened at his comment. "Really?"

"Physically and psychologically."

"Oh..."

"Couldn't comprehend much what this whale was wailing earlier, but I think it's calling someone at the mountain." The familiar sighed and turned to you. "Well, it's none of our business." Then, his eyes landed on something on the coast. "There's a lighthouse over there."