Chapter 4

"I just found it as a child. I don't know how it managed to get into my family's attic with it being a treasure and historical relic of Mondstadt. Eula is in possession of a sword from the same period, perhaps the Lawerences had them for a reason." Even I knew what I was saying was a load of crap, if anything the Lawerences stole them but I wasn't going to admit that. 

I've overstayed my welcome, I could see Diluc starting to fidget I think he wants to send me away but doesn't have the heart to do so. "I should be returning to Mondstadt, thank you for your hospitality." I decided to pretend like the event with the abyss mage didn't happen it was for the better definitely. 

"I- I want to thank you for what you did there," Diluc said and I could see him bow his head. 

"Of course, I want to protect-" I decided not to finish that sentence because I would've said I wanted to protect your mora. But I saw Diluc's eyes almost light up I don't know what conclusion he came to. 

"Do you need an escort?" Diluc asked. I shook my head in reply, "No I won't take up any more of your time." I didn't want to have to do more work than necessary with communication. 

I walked out and heard Diluc say goodbye to me on the way out. The skies started to clear and the portion of the day that had just happened seemed like it never occurred. 

Back in Mondstadt, I was just going to go home and well come up with a plan to go visit Diluc again. But I saw Kaeya so I decided I'd go say hello. He was with someone who looked like a bard. 

"Hello, Kaeya." We have been on a first-name basis for a few weeks now which was great because I didn't see him as my equal, he can call me whatever he wants but as long as I can attach a name that's equal to or below me I am satisfied. 

"Oh, Orla I was just thinking of you. My friend and I here were about to go get drinks, would you care to join?" Kaeya asked and his mouth curved upwards and he flashed me a smile.

"Sure, I'd love to." The sun was just starting to set Kaeya must've really wanted to start his night early and end it late. 

I joined the two and found out that the bard's name was Venti. He looks oddly similar to the depiction of the Anemo Archon, perhaps that's why he is famous around the drunks. Having a nice face to look at while drinking is pleasurable I'd think at least. 

"I heard you were at Dawn Winery today~" Kaeya suddenly said as we walked into Angel Shares. 

"Oh- I was yes." Did Diluc somehow tell Kaeya? How did Kaeya know... What kind of connections does this guy have? 

We sat down at some tables in the back of the tavern, it was actually kind of quiet there. Charles came over to take our order. "Dandelion wine for all three of us, Charles," Kaeya spoke up just as Venti was about to say his order. 

Kaeya placed his elbow on the table and placed his head in his palm. "Don't worry these are on me." Then he winked at me and Venti. 

Kaeya is such a flirt, I'd fall for him if I found out he was secretly rich. I doubt it though, he lives a lavish lifestyle he isn't going to have much mora left after spending most of it on drinks and whatever else he does while he thinks nobody is watching. 

I was looking to the door and I saw- Well I can't believe my eyes but I saw Eula coming in. I hate her. I looked away to not be seen by the traitor. 

"Something wrong?" Kaeya asked. "Do I really need to answer that?" I asked knowing that Kaeya must've seen Eula too.