Chapter 21

At that moment I realized the influence the Fatui had over Mondstadt, they could probably overtake it if they so wished. Maybe it was the first time in my life I had genuinely feared something. I don't know how I was supposed to feel knowing that Mondstadt could fall under the Fatui's control at a moment's notice, it was probably already being run by the Fatui in secrecy knowing what they did with the Lawerence Clan. 

Childe seemed to notice a change in my demeanor, "Is something wrong?" I cleared my head of any thoughts I had about the Fatui when Childe spoke. "I'm fine." 

"We can put off the duel till tomorrow, I won't hold back then," Childe responded. I think he knew something was up, I'm not quite sure what goes through his head most of the time. 

"I'll escort you home," Childe spoke up and walked past me to get out from behind the building, I followed suit and walked behind him. 

"That really isn't necessary I'm sure I can walk a few streets," I said knowing that if Childe did say he'd do something no matter how strange the thing is, he'd do it. 

"I want to be with you for a little while longer." He stated. 

"Alright then." I started my walk back to the Lawerence estate. 

I had questions for Childe and assumed now would be the right time to ask them. "You can't get arrested for having a Delusion right?" 

"No, but unauthorized use may be an issue for the Fatui. Luckily for you, the Fatui supplied the Lawerence Clan with many items they intended for them to keep so you may use that Delusion for whatever you wish." 

I didn't think it was illegal and now it was confirmed, I just had to ask because I was having irrational thoughts. 

Childe walked me the rest of the way home in silence. I then went to my old room. I had a balcony which in my opinion wasn't the best idea because if I wanted to when I was younger I could've run away in all honestly I'm a little surprised I didn't. 

On the balcony there was an old ladder, I don't know how it got there but I was curious so I decided to climb it. From what I could see there was nothing on the roof. I found a flat spot and sat down. 

Taking in the view from the top of the mansion I could see people working and interacting with each other. The view was calming and all of my current problems seemed to melt away. Until I saw someone approaching the house in the corner of my eye. You would have to be purposely coming over here as there's literally nothing else. 

I couldn't make out who the person was, they seemed to have a hood up and the clothing was just black and had no details to define it, was the house perhaps being robbed? It would make sense for someone to rob a vacant house, well the people knew it was vacant for some time at least. 

I rushed down the ladder and out of my room, heading down a set of stairs and over to the front door. 

I stared through the corner of a window not to be seen by the person but also to get a good look at them. I could then make out their outline, it was a woman. They wore a mask- I recognized it as one I'd see Fatui members wearing. 

She suddenly pulled out a key and inserted it into the door, the door was already unlocked though and she soon realized it. 

The woman opened the door and barged in, she saw me and we exchanged confused stares until she cleared her throat, "Here this is from Master Childe." She then held out a letter with a red wax seal on it, it had a Fatui emblem displayed on it. 

The Fatuus left soon after. I don't know why she had a key to the house but I'm assuming the Fatui had access to basically anywhere they wished to go. 

I opened the letter breaking the wax seal and it was a handwritten note basically explaining how Childe would be leaving for Liyue soon and wanted to go to dinner at Angel's Share later today. 

I decided I'd go, Childe has done a lot for me and I shouldn't refuse.