Chapter 29

Over the past few days, the Lawerence Clan completely took over Mondstadt and were now commanding the Fatui. Scaramouche still outranking them just watched it all go down from the sidelines, he seemed to have no interest in what was happening but he had to be there anyway. 

I believe my family is a little spiteful because I wasn't locked away with them, although the little compassion my parents have for me seems they were glad I wasn't locked away. I was given the task of punishing those who disobeyed the Lawerence Clan's will this also included trying to escape, rebel or just do anything that could be considered trouble. 

I had come to learn that the entirety of the knights had been locked away and those with visions had them stripped. Anyone who agreed to pledge their loyalty to the Lawerence Clan and Fatui was transported to Liyue to then board a ship and set sail for Snezhnaya, where they'd train to join the Fatui and the Fatui would make sure their loyalties now laid with them. 

The members of the Church of Favonius were locked away as well. I never realized how many of those people made up the population in Mondstadt, the jail cells under the Knight's of Favonius headquarters are on the smaller side and can barely hold all those people. For now, visions are being kept under the church and are heavily guarded by Fatui members. 

The Fatui has become the Lawerence Clan's army for now and I believe it won't change as they are preparing to do a draft with the citizens of Mondstadt, then take the people picked to become Fatui members. I heard a Fatuus say the other day that we are under her Excellency the Tsaritsa's protection and we've now become her people. 

This turn event was something I wasn't expecting at all. Childe said the Fatui would take over and I assumed that meant the Fatui would just pull all of the strings and slowly replace the Knights of Favonius, but this. This is one hundred times worse, we've gone back to the days where nobody can find joy. 

Although there's something that's not quite right, the Fatui gifted my family Delusions, but these Delusions seemed to be the average ones given out to Fatui Officers. The off thing about it though is that they weren't warned of the dangers of having a Delusion. I was handed a pyro Delusion by an officer when they visited the family manor, they just told me of the great power I would have access to with it. 

Now I have access to pyro, cryo, and electro. I decided immediately not to use the Delusions unless necessary because what if the Fatui wanted us to be killed off by them? It would seem like an accident if we were to die from a malfunctioning Delusion, it's best not to take those chances if I don't have to. 

I've figured out why the Lawerence Clan has been put in charge of Mondstadt. The Fatui are controlling the heads of my family and since we've prepared all of our lives to reclaim Mondstadt and we already had plans on how to rule its simpler for the Fatui to just go under us, the Harbingers haven't been prepared to take leadership of an entire nation but the Lawerence Clan has since the beginning. 

They cant rule without us and we cant maintain power without them, it's a mutually beneficial relationship.