Chapter 5

I think Diluc reminds me of the Tartaglia I met years ago. Of course, they have their differences and I'm different from who I once was but, they are alike in more ways someone would think. 

"Hey, you there?" I was brought back out of my head to Venti snapping his fingers in my face. 

"Sorry I was distracted." He couldn't have just tapped me on the shoulder? Instead, he snaps in my face? 

"If you didn't notice the bartenders were switched and now Diluc is here, you'll have to order for us." Kaeya looked over to me as he spoke. 

"Why can't either of you order?" I asked. I knew why Kaeya would want to avoid Diluc but I didn't think he wouldn't order. As for Venti, I had no idea why he can't order. 

"Heh... I kind of have a reputation for skipping out on the bill." Venti said and scratched his face. 

"You already know why I wouldn't want to order from him. He also isn't fun to talk to like Charles unfortunately." 

I was tempted to just leave. I didn't really care to be spotted with either of them if Diluc didn't like these two people. 

I had to do it. I stood up and made my way over to the bar. Diluc's eyes widened as he saw me walk over. He then gave me a small hint of a smile. That's a good sign, right? I've never seen him smile before... 

"Can I get two death afternoons and a dandelion wine?" I didn't actually know what Venti wanted but I decided I'd go with the safe option. 

Diluc nodded. The bar was busy so I didn't stay to chat and I went and sat back down at the table. 

Kaeya led our conversation about the general state of Mondstadt lately and I chimed in once in a while, Venti didn't seem talkative at all or maybe he just didn't have a good opening to put in his input. 

At last, Diluc brought our drinks over and his face turned to a scowl when he saw Kaeya. "Kaeya, you were banned from Angel Share's for a month, it's only been two days," Diluc said in a slightly agitated voice. 

Things were about to go down. The two glared at each other and left me and Venti in awkward silence until I decided to cut it. "Uh- we'll be leaving." I looked over to Venti and he took the cue and started getting up. 

"You two don't need to leave, Kaeya does," Diluc said as he continued to stare down Kaeya. 

"I'm a paying customer I don't see why you'd refuse my business." Kaeya crossed his arms and stood up to be at eye level with Diluc. 

"We really do have to go..." I said trying to keep just a little peace so I didn't have to be dragged into this. 

I gave the two a solid minute before grabbing Kaeya by the cape and dragging him out. Venti hurried after us. 

"Hey~ Let go!" I pushed open the tavern door and once we were outside I let go of Kaeya. "We can just go drink at the Cats Tail. I don't see the big deal." 

"Actually I'm allergic to cats-" Venti cut in. 

"Well then Venti you can drink here and Kaeya can take himself to the Cats Tail!" I realized that I sounded rude, I quickly apologized wanting to still stay on their good sides. 

"I'll be right back." I walked back inside Angel Shares and placed down a pouch of mora at the bar to pay for the drinks. It was difficult parting with my mora but it wasn't like I wanted to just end up sitting on a pile of mora because I never spent it. 

"Its on the house, you took Kaeya out that's quite enough for payment." Diluc pushed the pouch back towards me. To seem charitable I said, "Just let someone who needs it have it then." I waved and walked out of the tavern. 

"What were you doing?" Kaeya asked outside while leaning on a table. 

"Paying for your broke asses," I said without giving my sentence a second thought. Instead of hearing backlash on my comment Venti laughed and Kaeya gave me a smile. How strange I just insulted them. 

"I'm going to call it a night. See you later, I hope we can all do this again." 

"Bye!" Venti called out as I started walking in the direction of my house.