Chapter 26

After what felt like hours of watching the flames burn I gave in to fatigue and just laid down on the ground and slept. 

I was awoken from my sleep by a few pokes. I opened my eyes slowly and groaned, everything hurt because I had slept on rocks and dirt. 

As I turned my head I saw a scruffy boy crouching over me, he had red eyes and silver hair. I came to my senses and recognized him as the wolf boy who had visited the city a few times and hung around the Knights of Favonious for a few days then disappeared. 

He then spoke while looking down at me, he seemed worried, "What happen to human village?" 

For a second I was confused until I remembered that Springvale had burnt down.

"Mondstadt was attacked by the Abyss and the Fatui... They burnt down Springvale as well." At that moment I wished the ground swallowed me whole. I could swear the boy got closer to me and sniffed me. 

I sat up and sighed. "The city of Mondstadt has probably fallen into the Fatui's hands by now," I said hoping he'd understand. 

"I see... Come with me." The boy said and took a few steps away and waited for me to follow. I got to my feet and followed him. There wasn't anywhere else to go at the moment and perhaps he could help, although I wasn't in any immediate danger I now have to look for allies outside of Mondstadt and Springvale for help. 

I can't confirm if the Fatui had taken over Mondstadt by now but it seems like they might've, they were already controlling a good chunk of Mondstadt and who knows how many people were holding positions within Mondstadt and were actually allied with the Fatui. 

"Razor is Razor's name," Razor said as he led me into the woods. We walked for a while until I could recognize that we were in Wolvendom. We also didn't walk on any paths but we walked nearby them which was a little odd. 

Eventually, I could see large claw marks on rocks, this is a sign that we were in the Wolf of the North's territory. As the legend goes, Lupus Boreas Andrius the former God of Blizzards and King of the North Wind has come to reside in this place and wait for anyone who is willing to take on his challenge of sparring with him. 

I do hope he isn't taking me there to fight. Although Razor doesn't even know if I can fight. 

Suddenly Razor veered off the direction we were going in and he instead went to an area thick in trees and bushes. 

I realized soon enough that there were wolves there, they got to their feet and growled at me. I prepared myself to summon my sword. 

"Lupical this is friend." Razor said and the wolves backed down. Razor looked back at me and told me to sit down. I don't know if they actually understood him but it may have just been that they recognized the tone. 

I timidly sat down knowing that if the wolves wanted to they could attack and I was now in a vulnerable position. I counted nine wolves, I don't know how easily I could defeat them all if worse came to worse, I definitely know I can't outrun them. 

I don't know the strength of the wolf-boy either but the hood he was wearing was eerily similar to one I had seen Kaeya wearing in his youth. Kaeya loved the jacket so I often saw him wearing it when it got cold. As kids, we did play together once in a great while but I saw him quite a few times coming into town with Diluc and their father. 

From what I can guess from looking at Razor the jacket doesn't look too old but it does look modified. If it was indeed Kaeya's then it would've been at the Winery or their old mansion, assuming it was at the Winery since it doesn't look too worn out Diluc would've had to have given it to him since Kaeya no longer goes there, and wouldn't have his old clothes, nor do I think he'd give Razor old clothes if anything he would buy him something but then again I doubt they've come in contact. 

Razor also doesn't have noodle arms which you don't usually see on sword users unless they train their bodies, I doubt Razor would be training for anything and he doesn't have the IQ to be a catalyst user, polearms are out of the question as very few people in Mondstadt actually use them. A bow doesn't suit him, wolves fight up close and bows are long-ranged so I don't think he'd be able to use it with his pack. So in conclusion I can believe he is a claymore user and he has to have some training using the claymore or he'd just go with a sword as they're easier to use and easier to find in the wild. So maybe Diluc showed him how to use the claymore, just knowing that makes him dangerous as Diluc is on par with the most talented fighters in Mondstadt. Just having a single lesson from him may be well worth over one million mora. 

"Stay here I get help." Razor said and disappeared back the way we originally came. I glanced around me to see the wolves all eying me, I brought my knees to my chest and looked down at the ground afraid of making a move in case they saw it as aggression.