Chapter 10

It was around dinnertime and I was just wandering around within Mondstadt's city walls when I saw a man I instantly recognized. 

Childe or Tartaglia, I called him by both so in the end I'm confused about what I should call him now. 

When we met last I guess it could be said we got along. We then exchanged some short notes back in forth, although when Childe started to go into the romantic territory with them and it wasn't just harmless flirting, I stopped responding, long-distance relationships sound awful and I don't know about trying it any time soon. 

I panicked when I realized that Childe would probably recognize me and want an explanation of what happened or perhaps revenge. 

I turned around and started walking at a brisk pace. I heard footsteps behind me but I wasn't about to look back so I kept walking. My house was only up a set of stairs and to the left so once I went up the stairs I dashed for the door. 

Luckily Marvin hadn't locked it and I went inside and locked the door behind myself. I didn't know if he even followed me but it was good to take precautions. I peered out the window looking out at the path and saw nothing. 

"Oh hey! I was starting to think you weren't going to come back." I heard Marvin and looked over to see him helping himself to my kitchen and food. 

"I don't know... I kind of live here." I said sarcastically and helped myself to the leftovers of whatever Marvin cooked on the stove. 

It was chicken mushroom skewers, I didn't even know I had mushrooms laying around. I dug in anyway, it wasn't my favorite meal in all of Teyvat but it certainly wasn't half bad. 

After eating and just talking back and forth I heard a knock at the door. 

"Geez I've heard about 5 people knock on your door today, you're popular for some reason," Marvin said and walked over to the window out of curiosity. 

"Who else knocked...?" I asked joining him at the window. 

"Some woman with flowers begging for you to open the door... It was so strange, then the neighbor dropped by and gave me mushrooms. Ah! Someone also came by trying to sell something- I don't know what it was." Marvin then rambled on about the people at my door. I wasn't sure who the woman was, she may have had the wrong address. 

To my surprise, I saw Childe outside with flowers, kind of like the woman. Except he wasn't begging for me to open the door which was preferable. 

"Go do something else, Marvin." I waved him away and he disappeared down the hallway.

I took in a deep breath and opened the door. "Childe? What are you doing here?" I asked, genuinely not knowing why he was in Mondstadt, if I had heard he was here at some point during my day I would've gone home sooner than I did. 

"To see you of course." Childe smiled and then handed the flowers off to me. It was an assortment of local flowers that could only be found in Mondstadt, they were pretty but just not that interesting. 

"Why did you stop replying to my letters?" Childe asked having a look of hurt on his face. 

"I uh-" I took a second to think. Well just a few months after I stopped replying my family fell apart and I did have to get a new address... I guess that would be a good way out. 

"Well, most of my family was arrested for getting caught working with the Fatui... I had to change residence quite a few times during that period, I never got the chance to send you another letter, I haven't been to Liyue either." Technically I wasn't lying, I didn't have a chance to send him a letter in all the chaos but it wasn't like I exactly wanted to either. 

"Oh. I'm sorry for bringing that up. But! Now I'm here and we can continue where we left off!" Childe took the liberty to let himself into my home and sit down. 

"This is a nice place you have here, you really are good at everything even decorating," Childe said enthusiastically as he looked around with his eyes, then he stopped laying his eyes on the small mess in the kitchen Marvin had yet to clean. 

"Aw, did you just eat? Well, we cant go out for dinner now... How about we get dessert to celebrate that we're now reunited?" Childe seemed like he really had nothing better to do than hang out with me. 

Since he's rich, has connections, and is good-looking I guess I'd entertain him. He couldn't be staying in Mondstadt for too long, surely when he goes back to Liyue he'd lose interest in me, I can't believe he already hasn't lost interest it's been almost two years. 

I then found myself comparing Childe and Diluc, I would say that Diluc has more mora but Childe is more willing to spend his mora. Childe also has a better personality and is already interested in me, but I've made a lot of progress with Diluc. I think if it really came down to it I would be able to pick one of the money bags. 

I wouldn't want to leave Mondstadt and go live in Liyue. Well, Childe isn't even from Liyue he's from Snezhnaya and I know I'd have to go with him if I went down that route. I wasn't interested in that in the slightest.