Chapter 12

So, after that awkward night, I realized that Childe was way more emotionally attached to me than I thought. 

He kept me up for half of the night just telling me about what he had been up to for the past year and then talking about his family. I knew more about him than I did myself at this point. 

Luckily he left early. I don't know at what time exactly because I slept in due to being kept up but he left me a little note on my dresser saying he'd be back to take me out for dinner. I don't know when dinnertime would be but I probably wouldn't be around then because I'd be at the wine tasting. 

There were a few benefits if I invited him to be my plus one though. First off I wouldn't be outcasted since he'd be popular enough with the nobles that they'd have to converse with me. Perhaps I could make Diluc jealous using him? I don't know if he is the jealous type though or if we've reached the point where I'm seen as more than a friend. 

The pros outweighed the cons, the worst thing I thought could happen was that Childe got a little too excited and outed our so-called relationship to everyone. But that could be taken care of by having him swear to keep it in the friend zone while we're there. 

Do I feel like I should think about this ethically? No, not really. I decided I'd do it, might as well try to have fun with Childe while he was in Mondstadt. 

Now I don't know where to find him to ask him to come with me. 

I checked my clock and it was 10 am I decided I'd go out around 3 pm to find Childe and make our way over to Dawn Winery, if I couldn't find him within 30 minutes I'd go without him. 

Right around 2:30 I started getting ready. I did my hair in a half up half down style with parts of it being braided. I tied in a purple ribbon at the end. My hair is a muted blue, tones of gray and white overpowered it, but I'd like to say it's blue because that just sounds better than saying my hair is white. 

I then put on a simple yet elegant white dress that had ruffling on the back, it poofed out on its own and was around knee length. Gray tights with a tint of purple in them along with gold accents near the bottom  I wore underneath it all. Purple heels and finally the necklace I had received from Diluc to finish off the outfit. 

I checked myself out in the mirror and decided I looked good so I then went out to search for Childe. 

He said he was at the Goth Grand hotel before he got kicked out so I guessed he would be back there. 

The Goth Hotel, just like its name was grand. Not the biggest place I'd ever seen but it still had a presence nonetheless. 

At the door stood a Fatui guard that I had seen numerous times while walking through the area. Finally today I'd speak with them. 

"Hello excuse me, is Childe here?" The man looked up and blinked a few times while looking me up and down. 

"Oh!" He seemed to realize something and clapped his hands together, "You must be the person he mentioned- I'll retrieve master Childe one moment." I saw the guard go inside and I just thought that if someone wanted to go inside now they could. 

I peeked through the cracked door out of curiosity and saw the reception area now taken up by a woman in a Fatui uniform. The place had been completely taken over by the Fatui, they really didn't lie when it was said they rented the whole place, one could wonder what they were doing in there.