Chapter 22

The people of Mondstadt know how the Lawerence Clan bring up their offspring. It's an educational regime that is borderline abusive, yet the people still turn a blind eye. 

People have run off being subjected to this type of torture while others endured it. I endured it. I don't know why the people of Mondstadt choose to ignore what is happening before them, monsters aren't born they're made.

I know I could be a better person if I tried harder, well anyone could be better if they tried but the way you're raised usually sets up what kind of person you'll be, ideals, religion, they're all tied in together. Of course, I'm not saying that someone will be just like their parents but they might share some similarities, in the end, we are our own people. 

I once heard that Eula was on par with the dandelion knight and that those two were the strongest in Mondstadt, I do wonder what it's like to cross blades with either of them. Eula bears the family crest, "Glacial Seal," it's the highest symbol one can earn for their martial prowess in the Lawerence Clan. I believe if I was born before her I'd have that seal in my possession. I cannot help but be envious that she is the eldest daughter of the Lawerence Clan.

Perhaps if Eula wasn't born my life would be more to my liking. It would've been harder as well, with more responsibilities but more power would come with it. I think it may be for the best that I wasn't born first and that Eula came to be before me, I believe she took most of the blow aiding as a human shield against the cruelties subjected to the eldest daughter of the Lawerence Clan. At least at my birth, nobody was furious I was born female, just disappointed at that point. 

I often wonder what my father and uncle were thinking when they joined forces with the Fatui. The Fatui seemed to be using them as a catalyst of sorts. The Lawerence Clan took all the punishment and nothing happened to the Fatui. Personally, I don't hate the Fatui, I understand they were just looking for more power and my family was grabbing onto anything they could, they were desperate. I on the other hand don't really care if we're the ruling class or not I just want to not be looked down upon. When people mention those with power, wealth, and highly revered I want to be on that list. 

I heard a strange rumor going around. Eula Lawerence allegedly marched up to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters and demanded to see Acting Grandmaster Jean. Eula is always acting like she's evil and her literal catchphrase is "Vengeance will be mine!" It is in my opinion stupid, if she was just nice to people and didn't talk about her heritage so openly perhaps she would be better liked by the citizens of Mondstadt. That's what I do and I wouldn't say I'm as hated as Eula, even though I joined normal society much later than she did I would even say that I'm not discriminated against at any shops like she is. I think it's funny that people won't let you do a transaction with them because of your birth, of course, if it happens to me directly it's no longer funny and just pathetic.