Chapter 32

Diluc had left the room and I heard others coming into the room. Someone took my hands which were tied in front of me and tied a rope between them to act as a leash. 

I was then pulled along. I don't know where we are but the ground changed from wooden floors to dirt as I heard another door slam behind me. Perhaps we weren't in the city at all and instead in a house outside. I'm not sure how they could've transported me out of the city but that will be a great mystery for me to uncover later. 

The dirt became something harder under my feet if I only had my shoes off to tell what exactly it was. 

But I could hear shuffling in the distance and now I can assume we are at the entrance of Mondstadt and standing on the bridge. 

"Did you bring the contract!?" I could hear what seemed to be Diluc's voice to the left of me. I assume this contract is the trade written down on paper. 

I heard some movement and then Diluc agreed to something someone on the other side had said. 

Suddenly I felt a firm hand on my back and then they pushed me forward. I stumbled and only stopped moving when I tripped over the loose rope and fell to my knees. 

The bag was ripped off my head and as I looked up I was greeted by Scaramouche looking down at me enraged. One of the agents to the side of him bent down and cut off the binds on my wrists, they then pulled me up and I timidly took a place standing behind Scaramouche.

"Get them," Scaramouche whispered. He then turned around and walked through the crowd of Fatui, I followed after knowing that Diluc could deal with this small group because there didn't seem to be any elites among this batch of Fatui. 

I could tell this agreement was only going to last until I'm out of danger's path. It delays the inevitable but it's still something.

Scaramouche showed me a shred of kindness by taking my hand in his, although I didn't think he meant it this way because the grip was rather hard but it was still somewhat comforting.

"Why would you show them mercy!?" He came to a stop and turned to look at me, I stayed quiet as this was more of a lecture than questioning. 

"I heard the whole story. You hesitated and got caught. Now, why did you do that!?" Scaramouche raised his arm and I knew what was coming next I quickly pulled my hand out of his grasp with some force, then flinched back and braced myself for impact. 

"You think I'd hit you? Tch. You aren't even worth the time." He turned and stormed off into the night. 

I glanced around to see a Fatuus walking over to me. "I will be your escort home," She said and started walking, following her I could tell that she watched the whole interaction with Scaramouche.