Did You Say Something?

I was 16 when I went to Liyue for the first time I recall being excited because their god was a mora-making machine.

When we first entered Liyue we stayed at a fancy hotel built upon a tree called Wangshu Inn. The inn was fancy and clearly for the upper-class.

But when we actually got to Liyue Harbor there was a rumor going around that some guy from Snezhnaya was basically handing out mora to everyone. It was intriguing but I was there because my father was doing business nothing more.

On our 4th day in Liyue Harbor, I saw an unmaintained staircase going down to the shore so I followed it down.

There was nothing special about the area but I followed along the shoreline.

Eventually, I saw something shiny in the sand and I reached down to pick it up. Unfortunately, it was just a blue seashell with a star pattern on the front. I held it up to my ear and could hear the longing calls of the sea.

I looked out at the water and then to the harbor sitting on the water.

Liyue is beautiful it was the first time I really took a good look at its beauty.

I spaced out for a little while until I heard footsteps in the sand and my head darted towards the noise. I saw a ginger-haired man with blue lifeless eyes in a gray uniform-looking outfit, a red scarf dancing around in the wind.

Then I saw the pretty-looking headpiece he was wearing, it seemed to be a mask but it looked like it was worth a lot of mora.

"Hey!" He waved and smiled with his eyes closed at me and then I saw the hydro vision on his belt. This guy looked quite interesting I can't lie about that.

"Hello?" I said in a questioning voice and clenched the starconch I had in my hand."Can I buy that item off of you?" He got closer until he was just about a yard away.

What item was he talking about...? I opened my hand to see the starconch and then held up my hand and pointed at it with my other hand. "This?"

"Yeah! I'll give you 10,000 mora." I looked at the man puzzled. Why would someone want to pay so much for a seashell? He could just find another one but then again I wasn't about to turn away free mora.

"Sure." He handed me a pouch full of coins and I dropped the starconch into his other hand. "My name is Tartaglia." That name rang a bell I just don't know where I knew it from, hm...

"I am Orla Lawerence." My last name doesn't carry the same weight in Liyue but it still is known to anyone with some sense.

"I knew you looked familiar! I just couldn't place my finger on your name. You're engaged to one of my coworkers, has he mentioned me?" Tartaglia chuckled but I continued to look at him confused.

"... Oh hah... I shouldn't have said anything..." I think Tartaglia realized I had no idea who he is.

"What?!" My brain started to melt I was old enough to get married but I had no idea who this guy was and I didn't even live in Liyue.

"I think you have the wrong person," I stated and something clicked in Tartaglia's head. "They must have the same last name as you then!" He said a little too enthusiastically.

"So you are on the market?~" Tartaglia leaned closer to me until he came about 7 inches away and was at my eye level.

"N-no!" I was flustered and my face went beet red.

"Haha. Just kidding!" Tartaglia then stood straight up.

"How about I invite you to Luili Pavilion to make up for the name confusion?" I knew how expensive that place was and also about how hard it was to get a reservation.

The red on my cheeks faded and I calmed myself down, "I'd love to!" I get to experience 5-star dining in Liyue. I clasped my hands together excitedly.