Chapter 15

Apparently, Mondstadt had been hit with another attack from Stormterror while we were away. 

As Childe and I approached my house I knew there was something wrong, the city looked pretty beat up. 

"It looks like a disaster came through here." Childe suddenly said while he was staring at a merchant's cart that had been completely demolished. 

"I think Stormterror has been getting braver and braver..." I looked over to Childe and he looked a little concerned, I don't know what it was about though.

"Orla." Childe stopped walking and put on a serious face. 

"What is it?" I stopped walking and turned back to be facing Childe. 

"I have to be honest... The reason I'm here-" Childe stopped for a moment, was he trying to build suspense or what? 

"The Fatui are trying to pressure the Knights of Favonious into giving them control of the Stormterror situation, then they'd take control of the city. 

I have to give whoever came up with that idea some credit, they knew how to work the system quite well. "Why're you telling me this now?" I asked out of curiosity it was a little bit weird to tell me now. 

"I want to tell you because I don't think you should stay here and wait until the Fatui takes over. I don't know what they're planning for Mondstadt but I do know that it wouldn't be good for you. I think you should come back with me to Liyue Harbor before it happens." 

If the knights weren't able to solve the Stormterror situation that had been going on for a long time now the Fatui would take control, at least this is what I understood. The Fatui would probably use Mondstadt for money or its land, I'm not quite sure. If the Fatui did take over I probably would leave to be honest. 

"I'll leave if the Fatui does actually take over. But Mondstadt is my home and I won't leave it just because it's possible that the Fatui will run this place into the ground." Along with the Fatui running Mondstadt for cash they'd probably force their ideals onto the people and ruin the church. 

"If that time does come I will take you up on your offer, until then I'm staying right here." Childe nodded after hearing that I would leave if the Fatui took over. 

We then continued down the path towards my house. 

I started to feel like someone was watching us even though the streets were completely empty to my knowledge. 

Then I saw it. My house. There was a tree laying on top of the now collapsed roof. I stood there dumbfounded. 

"That stupid lizard!" I screamed out in anger while looking at my house. I don't even think it was safe to go inside as the roof could completely cave in just by opening the door. 

Then I wondered if Marvin was still in there or not, I do hope he isn't dead in my house, that'd really ruin the market value after this was fixed. 

"Do you want me to find you a place to stay? I would offer the Goth Hotel but you know-" Childe said and trailed off at the end of his sentence. 

I would've taken the offer but I still had access to Kaeya's flat, the place was quite nice so I decided it'd be better to just stay there. I also had access to a house in the Lawerence Clan's possession. I would've stayed there but it's pretty big and it just feels lonely to stay there all alone. 

"I have a few options. I'll be fine, I think we should part ways here though." I couldn't express how angry I was at Stormterror for destroying my house. It would take a week with the help of dozens of people to just get back inside safely to get my things. 

"If that's what you want. I'll get people out here in the morning to start on this mess." Childe grabbed bent over and kissed me on the forehead and walked off quickly. 

Great, one less thing I'd have to worry about.