Chapter 6

"I'm home!" I said as I walked inside my house. I then remembered I was all alone because my family was in jail. Even if this wasn't the house that my family and I once lived in I had grown accustomed to saying that I was home every single day, it just felt wrong not to say it anymore. 

I walked to my room and sat on the bed. I took off my heels and put my bag on my dresser. 

Then I changed into my pajamas, just a classic white nightgown, and got in bed. I didn't feel like brushing my teeth. 

And then I drifted off to the world of my imagination. 

I was awoken by a knock at my door. I got up from bed and opened the window curtains right beside my bed. Then shouted out, "Coming!" 

I walked over to the front door and cracked it open to see Marvin Goth frantic. "Please let me in!" 

"Uh- Just give me a second." I hurried and closed the door and headed for my room. I put on a casual outfit, high-rise white shorts embellished with all sorts of designs on the side, and an off-shoulder blue top. 

I then went back to the door and opened it wider this time. "What brings you here?" I asked Marvin and he didn't seem to be calmed down at all. 

"I'll explain later just let me inside!" Marvin brushed me to the side and went inside and closed the door, then locked it from the inside. 

"Hey what are you doing?" I was annoyed with Marvin but he had money and I'd say today he is definitely part of the upper-class in Mondstadt. I couldn't really disrespect him without consequence. 

"Sorry, sorry. I just need a place to hide. Do you know that arranged marriage? Well, you know..." Marvin looked at me sheepishly. 

"Why would you think to hide at my place?" I asked annoyed, I only knew him because my father originally tried to get rid of me by having an arranged marriage to Marvin, it didn't work out for reasons unknown to me but we were on an okay standing after the ordeal. 

"I don't really have friends- Anyone would tell on me but I know you'll keep quiet for the right price." I smiled knowing I could get money out of him as he initiated him paying me for my silence. 

"100,000 and I won't tell anyone and you can stay here as long as you'd like." Marvin sighed, "Deal..." He fished out a checkbook and wrote me a check I could cash in with the Goth Grand Hotel at a later date. 

"Just please don't go to collect the money until after the situation cools down," Marvin asked. 

A knock interrupted our conversation and Marvin lifted up the curtain at the front window. "Whats Master Diluc doing here?" 

"I don't know, did you do something to piss him off? Wait- How does he know my address?" I questioned and joined Marvin in looking out the window. 

"There's something in his arms I don't know what it is though-" Marvin said trying to get a good look at the object. I looked at his arms and recognized the object, it was the box I had brought the cold-cut platter in. It was a worthless item I don't know why he had it.

"I think I know why he's here- Can you go into my pantry?" Marvin nodded and walked to the kitchen and eventually found the door into the walk-in pantry and stepped in. 

I then opened the door. "Hello? Oh! Hello Master Diluc." I acted surprised as if I hadn't been watching him through the window for the past two minutes. 

"I could've sworn I heard voices- And just Diluc will suffice." He could hear my conversation with Marvin? I knew I should've splurged and bought a better place with better-insolated walls. I scratched the back of my head. 

"It might've been the house next door nobody's here except me." 

"Ah well, I came to bring you the box that you left. You left abruptly yesterday so you had forgotten it." Progress! Diluc didn't actually want me to leave yesterday when things got awkward? Well, at least now it seems like he didn't. 

"Thank you. You really didn't have to but it's a kind gesture... Do you want to come in?" 

"I cant. I have business to attend to but thank you for the offer." Diluc handed me the box and bid me farewell. 

I closed the door after saying goodbye. I then thought of what I would do to Diluc to get my hands on his mora after he was wrapped around my finger... I haven't thought that far yet. Well, I need to start because it's in my near future I just know it!