Chapter 17

I walked into the manor. It was on the outskirts of the city of Mondstadt, still quite big for something in town. 

It was dark by now so I flipped on the lights and saw that the place was still messy, just how the knights had left it. 

Above the fireplace, in the drawing-room, there was a portrait of the founder of the Lawerence Clan. I heard he was quite the ladies' man in his prime, although I think he's pretty ugly. 

I decided I'd clean up the house a bit. I looked around and notices a blue-ish light coming from a box in the corner of the drawing-room. I walked over. 

I didn't see anything so I dug under the books in the box along with a few family heirlooms and just random trinkets. 

Then I saw it. A glove with something resembling a cryo vision embedded in it. I remember hearing about this. The gem was the same shade as a cryo vision and it let off a little light but it wasn't actually one.

The glove is a delusion. I wonder how it came into our possession. Just for fun, I decided to try it on. 

My hand suddenly felt cold and frigid. But I also felt powerful. I aimed my hand in the direction of the painting above the mantle and flexed it. Then ice spewed out and the painting was immediately split in half and it came falling down. 

I felt a little more tired than I had before, not exactly to the extent where I wanted to sleep now I just felt a little different. 

Delusions drain the life out of you to power themselves, at least that's what I think. Although you could master using them and they wouldn't drain the life out of you, just make you feel like crap after using them. 

I then knew what I wanted to do with this delusion. I've always thought cryo was such a cool element figuratively and literally. 

I'm going to ask Childe tomorrow to teach me how to not die from using the delusion. My backup plan is to sell it to him. 

The glove just felt right when I wore it. I was aware of the dangers but I don't plan to live as an elderly person anyways, whats two years off my lifespan?