Chapter 12 - S.P.E.W

Y/N and Harry were sitting in the library playing a game of wizard's chess. Things have died down a little after the first task and Y/N still had a good two months to sort out the egg. Harry eyes the chess pieces carefully aswell as Y/N who studies her next move.

"Knight to E4" Y/N says and the white chess piece moves into position

Harry smirks "Queen to E4" and his queen goes over to Y/N's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Harry grins widely "and also checkmate"

Y/N stares at him as he points out how his queen is directly in front of the king who is boxed in and corned by Harry's night.

"I'm impressed Harry, your quite good at this" Y/N compliments and the raven-haired boy smiles

"Thanks Y/N" Harry replies "I'm just surprised I beat a Ravenclaw, aren't they supposed to be smart"

Y/N frowns "lay off Harry" and the boy tries to hold in his laughs but it comes out as a wheeze.

"I still think wizards chess is barbaric" Hermione's voices chimes through the library as she looks at the Harry and Y/N

"I wouldn't blame you after our experience in first-year," Harry says and Hermione laughs and Y/N looks at the two confused

"Am I missing something here?" Y/N asks and Hermione giggles

"During first-year Harry, Ron and I went to find the philosophers stone and well we ran into a real life game of wizards chess" Hermione explains

Y/N's eyes go wide with surprise "so that's what happened first year"

Harry laughs "yeah well to be honest with you it was a pretty stupid idea"

Y/N laughs "anyways what are you doing here 'mione, studying"

Hermione shakes her head "no I was actually looking for you I need your help Y/N," she says and the Ravenclaw blushes slightly "and Harry you could help out too"

"Of course what do you need," Y/N says with a warm smile. Hermione's cheeks turn a light shade of pink as she hands a small piece of parchment in front of them.

"Hermione what is this" Harry asks

"It's my members slip for the Society for the Promotion of Elvish Welfare," Hermione says and Y/N stares at the acronym

"Spew," she says and confused and Hermione nods

"Yes now would you like to join," Hermione says and Y/N sighs and takes out a quill

"Alright Granger I'll sign it," Y/N says and Hermione's face lights up which is the most gorgeous sight Y/N has ever seen. She makes a mental note to make the Gryffindor girl smile like that more often.

Hermione hugs Y/N tightly "Thanks Y/N you're my new favourite person"

Y/N smiles at this and Harry clears his throat, "give the quill here Y/N I'll sign it too"

"Thanks Harry," Hermione says and Y/N hands him the quill and he signs it

"So what now," Harry says and Hermione sighs

"Well I don't know I didn't really plan this far" Hermione says

"Have you actually talked to any house-elves about this" Harry asks

"Well does Dobby count," Hermione says

"Any elves other than Dobby" Y/N adds and Hermione shakes her head "well we could talk to the elves in the kitchen"

"Yeah but the only problem is no one knows where it is or how to even get in" Harry says and Y/N smirks "wait you know don't you"

"I may have discovered the Hogwarts kitchens in second year," Y/N says and Hermione and Harry stared at her in disbelief "what I get hungry during the night and go in there to grab a midnight snack"