Chapter 6: The Lava Lake

Charlie looked around him as he rides on his mother's back. He could see many flying Pokémon like Pidgeots and Corviknights in the air. The clouds in the sky were white and fluffy. The volcano was getting closer and closer and lava was spewing out of it. Mother Charizard dived down. The world was getting smaller and smaller until the only thing that Charlie could see is the brown barren landscape and a huge lava pool which is the crater of the volcano. Mother Charizard landed on her feet and lowered one wing to let Charlie get off her.

There were so many fire type Pokémon in the lava lake. There were fire horse Pokémon called Ponyta and Rapidash dancing in the lava. There were also black dog Pokémon with horns, called Houndooms swimming in the lava. A bipedal rabbit Pokémon named Cinderace was relaxing on the side of the lake. Her eyes were closed. And there was a fire alligator Pokémon, named Fuecoco jumping up and down in the lava.

"That alligator Pokémon comes from a new land, which our Pokémon government hasn't named yet." Remarked mother Charizard.

"What is government?" Charlie asked his mother

"The rulers of the Pokémon world." She said.

Charlie looked at the giant lava lake. What if he gets burned in the lake?! He couldn't help but worry.

"Mama, I'm scared, what if I get burnt?!" Said Charlie.

But mother Charizard laughed.

"Charlie, you are a fire type!" She laughed. "You will be fine! In fact you will really enjoy it!"

Charlie's mother then lowered herself in the lake. She squinted a bit but then relaxed and let out a big breath.

Charlie toddled to the edge of the lack and dipped one claw in the lava. It leaved a nasty burning shock and Charlie immediately lifted the toe out of the lava. Though a bit scared to try again, he put his whole foot in. This time, it left less of a shock but a bit of a warm feeling, coming up into his body. After feeling that wonderful feeling, he plopped in and left a smooth splash. He let the wonderful warm feeling take over his body and he closed his eyes and relaxed. He was starting to drift off, until his mother spoke.

"Charlie, how does it feel?!"

Charlie jerked himself awake.

"It feels amazing!" He exclaimed. "I've never felt more amazing like before!"

Her mother chuckled.

"You probably felt this warm while you were in that egg! But you probably don't remember it."

Charle strained his memory, trying very hard about feeling this lovely feeling.

"No I don't." Admitted Charlie.

"Thought so." Smiled his mother.

After a few minutes of relaxing in the lava lake, two Pokémon have caught Charlie's eyes. A male Pyroar and a little Litleo was walking up to the volcano. Charlie recognised the little Litleo as Leonis, whom he had met at the Pokémon School. The Pyroar waded into the lava lake and turned his head to Leonis, who was eyeing up the lava with curiosity. He dived headfirst into the lava, making a smooth splash. Violent bubbles were shaking from bellow the surface. His little head popped the lava and his eyes were shut. He opened his black eyes and squealed with delight. He looked at the Pyroar and he smiled back. He then spotted Charlie, in the distance, with mother Charizard.

"Oh, hi Charlie!" Shouted Leonis as he swam to him.

"Who is Charlie?" The Pyroar said as he also swam to Charlie.

"He is a student in your school, dad!" Said Leonis.

"Wait, your school? What do mean, Pyroar.... Umm, what name?" Charlie was very confused,

"Greetings Charlie. I'm the principal of the Pokémon school."

"What is principal?" Charlie asked the Pyroar.

"I'm the leader of the school! My name is Sol."

"Wow! Really?" Gasped Charlie.

Mother Charizard noticed her son talking to Sol. She smiled and started talking to him.

"So you must be the principal of the Pokémon school!" Smiled mother Charizard.

"Yes, I'm Sol. What is your name? I'm the father of the little Litleo here called Leonis."

"My name is Lizzie." Said mother Charizard. "I'm the mother of my little Charmander called Charlie."

Suddenly, Leonis whimpered and looked very scared.

"What wrong, Leonis?" Asked Charlie.

"I been thinking of Jack the Squirtle. He is mean!"

"Oh, him." Said Charlie. "Yes, he and Nelson, the Squirtle and Sandile love bullying fire types. He almost hurt me with a water gun!"

Charlie turned to Sol, who was listening intently to them.

"Could you stop them from coming school?" Charlie asked Sol.

"No, I can't." Said Sol "They has to come to my school. They live in the Kolana islands after all!"

"Well, like I said earlier today." Said mother Charizard. "You can train up hard in PE and beat them one day in a battle!"

Charlie looked worried. "Even if I weak to them?"

"Yes, especially you are weak to them." Said Sol. "You can teach them a lesson that fire types can beat water and ground type Pokémon."

"Ground is strong to fire?" Charlie asked the principal.

"Yes, they are. You will learn more in your second year at my school." Confirmed Sol. "But, you can still defeat Nelson in a Pokémon battle."

"Then, it's adios to you two. I really enjoy to seeing your progress, Charlie. You have a lot of potential to be smart and strong?"

"Bye Charlie!" Shouted Leonis. "See you school tomorrow!"

"Yeah, see you!" Said Charlie.

Leonis hopped on Sol's back and they swam away into the distance. Charlie and mother Charizard continued to relax in the lava lake and mother Charizard started teaching Charlie how to swim.

"You kick your legs really powerfully and fast, to move in the lava."

The sun dipped past the horizon and the night sky blanketed above the Pokémon. Sparkly white stars were visible. They relaxed for a further 10 minutes.

"It's really late Charlie, it's time to go home. Dad is probably really worried about you!"

Charlie looked a bit sad.

"But this the best I ever felt in life!" Charlie complained.

"I know, but you need a good night sleep for school tomorrow." Mother Charizard explained "Come on, hop onto my back."

Charlie reluctantly obeyed her mother and clambered out of the lava lake with her. He climbed onto his mother's back and the fire dragon Pokémon lifted off with her son into the starry night sky.

What a day it have been! How will the drama enfold around Charlie, Jack the Squirtle and Nelson the Sandile. Read on to find out!