Chapter 17: Pokémon School Battling Tournament - Part 2

After quickly eating morning tea, Charlie spent his remaining minutes with Leaf, discussing strategies to beat Rosie the Roselia.

"Be warned, Charlie." Said Leaf nervously. "Roselias are not only just a grass type, they are also poison types. They are capable of poisoning their opponent, which cause them to take poison damage over a short period of time!"

"Thank you my love, Leaf, but I think I can take my chances." Said Charlie confidently. "Even if she is part poison, she is still a grass type. One quick fire move is sure to take her out!"

The Bronzong bell rang to signify the end of the morning tea break.

"Marina the Brionne and Neville the Krokorok, please come up to the battlefield!" Rang Mr Birch's voice. "For the rest of the competitors, you may sit with your family and friends to watch the match!"

Charlie decided to sit with her girlfriend, Leaf and her mother to watch the match, rather than with his family. He was rooting for Marina, the Brionne to win because Neville was one of the bullies.

Marina the Brionne did win the match, taking out Neville with a Bubble Beam and a Dazzling Gleam to finish him off. Though Marina was close to fainting herself. Charlie giggled a bit when he watched a swirly-eyed Neville be put on the stretcher by Mr Birch and carried to the Healing Centre by Nurse Faith.

Next was the match between Waltz the Kirlia and George the Grookey. It was a quick match, because George barely did any damage to Waltz, and the Kirlia quickly finished the Grookey off with a combination of Psybeam and Dazzling Gleam. A small stretcher was used to carry the unconscious grass monkey Pokémon away, to the Healing Centre.

It was now Charlie's turn, in a battle against the grass and poison type, Rosie the Roselia. Leaf wished him good luck as he hurried to the battlefield to battle in his first match of the School Tournament.

Charlie's heart pounded with excitement as he stood on one end of the battlefield, looking into the smug eyes of Rosie the Roselia. She danced on spot and looked more than ready for the fight.

Mr Robin the Decidueye was the referee and was standing on the sidelines, next to Nurse Faith, who looked a bit overwhelmed by all the healing she has to do in this tournament. Mr Robin was holding a red flag and a blue flag.

Mr Birch was standing in the middle of the battlefield field and lifted his arm up in the air to silence the roaring crowd.

"Next, we have the battle between Charlie the Charmander, a Bravefire student vs Rosie the Roselia, a Wittyclaw student! Charlie has the upper hand here, because Fire Types are strong against Grass Types, but Rosie looks like she is determined not to lose." Boomed Mr Birch's voice.

"This battle will be over when one Pokémon is unable to battle, no berries or held items are permitted in this fight! Are you ready competitors?!"

"Yes Mr Birch!" shouted Charlie and Rosie at the same time.

"Three.... Two.... One... Battle begin!!!" Roared Mr Birch. He ran to the sidelines to be next to Mr Robin and Nurse Faith.

Charlie's heart was beating with the breath of life, as Rosie the Roselia makes her first move.

"I use Poison Powder!" she chirped joyfully as she danced around and shook her roses. Purple powder was released from her roses.

Charlie tried to dodge it because he doesn't want to be poisoned, but it was too late. The powder surrounded Charlie and he accidentally breathed it in. Charlie is suddenly feeling sick and experiencing some pain as poison bubbles came out of his body!

"Rosie uses Poison Powder as to poison her opponent, Charlie!" Shouted Mr Birch "and it landed! Charlie is now poisoned!"

But Charlie was very determined to win, so gets to battle Jack the Wartorte and show him that Fire Type Pokémon are strong. He he had to create a quick win, so he knew he shouldn't use growl to lower Roselia's attack. Or else, he would faint from poison damage. The crowd was roaring in his ears as he thought what to do quickly.