Chapter 15: Love Blossoms at School!

Three years had passed since Charlie have the new dream of becoming the World Champion! Charlie the Charmander and Leaf the Chikorita were now both 13 years old and teenagers.

His school days go on an hour later with a new subject that he is going to do, Love Studies. And Charlie doesn't really like the sound of it as it seems mushy! It was his first day back at school and he smiles at Leaf warmly.

During the last three years, he learnt the move Dragon Breath (a stronger version of Dragon Rage, which is not tied to his attack stat) and slash (a stronger version of scratch!) He had also been doing very well at Pokémon PE, passing all the theory and practical test and feels closer to evolving.  This was his first year of exams. Exams where like tests, but much harder and now gives out points that determine if he can go to face the trials to get into the Pokémon Battling tournaments and if he is allowed to train at the Pokémon Academy, to learn the powerful Z-moves which professional Pokémon battlers use.  Jack the Squirtle has also been doing well Pokémon PE, much to Charlie's disappointment. Jack often boasted that he is closer to evolving than he is, to make Charlie feel bad about himself! But Charlie didn't take those comments to heart, as he knows deep down that he trains harder than Jack.

When mother Charizard drops Charlie off on the first day of the second week of the school year, he immediately seeks Leaf, feeling the need to spend time with her. All weekend, he has been dreading the Love Studies topic, as he assumes it will be so mushy that he won't enjoy it. When the bell for history class went and the younger students went home, Charlie drags his feet to the class, with his heart aching for the prospect of just entering the classroom and smelling the smell of love perfume, made from pink flowers! He can't imagine falling in love with another Pokémon and having babies with them, as he thinks the idea was so weird!

He was pleasantly surprised that there was no love perfume in the classroom. His mouth gaped open when he saw who the teacher was! It was the same Pokémon and even the same individual as the ticket receptionist from the battlefield in Paldea three years ago! She was the gorgeous pink eyed biped feline Pokémon that he saw at that Championship match (in which his father lost.) Charlie just forgot to ask his mother what kind of Pokémon she was, due to being in a hurry.

"Why are you gaping at me, Charmander?" Meowed the former receptionist. "Oh, wait... I remember you, you were with your mother showing the tickets to me for the champion tournament! "

"That's... right" paused Charlie. "Wait, what's your name, what kind of Pokémon are you and why you left your previous job?"

"Wait until I speak in front of the class before I tell you what's my name and what kind of Pokemon I am." Said the feline Pokémon firmly. "But the reason why I left my job, is because I was doing it for a very long time and I wanted to try something new and bright! Like looking down into the faces of teenager Pokemons!"

The green cat Pokémon suddenly let out a small gasp. "I never asked you what your name was, Charmander, did I?!" She squeaked

"My name is Charlie." Smiled Charlie.

"Wow, that fits your species perfectly!" the former receptionist meowed happily.

Suddenly, from behind the cat Pokemon, a drawling voice spoke aloud.

"Aren't you going to start this mushy and boring class, new teacher?!"

The biped cat Pokemon's small ears flattened.

"Be patient, you... Squirtle!" She hissed.

She hurried behind the wooden desk.

"Sorry class!" She panted. "Charlie, please take a seat."