Chapter 9: The Unexpected Evolution!

Charlie woke up glumly the next morning by mother Charizard and put on his school uniform. Then, mother Charizard flew in the air and took Charlie to school.

The first two Pokémon that Charlie saw when he arrived and said goodbye to his mother was Jack the Squirtle and Neville the Sandile. They were both sniggering at him.

"Look!" Jack sneered to Neville "It's that loser Charmander!" They both started laughing.

"Watch it!" Growled Charlie.

"Remember you lost your battle against me on Friday?! Did you see that Neville?!"

"Yes, it's so funny. The little Charmander on the ground, with swirly eyes!" Laughed Neville.

"And he was put on a stretcher and was carried away! I loved the swirly eyes too! So funny!"

"Stop making fun of me, when I fainted!" Shouted Charlie. "Or else I will use ember on you too!"

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Really? You really think your puny little ember will do much against Neville and me?"

"I've been training! I beat Leaf in a Pokémon battle in weekend!"

"You only won cause you got lucky!" Said Jack, a little alarmed.

"Or Leaf was tired or sick. Fire types the weakest type!" Snapped Neville.

Just then, the bell went.

"Oh no!" Gasped Neville. "We got to go or else Mr Cobra, the Arbok will hit me with his tail!"

"Or use Poison Fang on me!" Shouted an alarmed Jack.

And Jack and Neville scurried off into the distance to the Cunningfang building.

Charlie headed to form class at the Bravefire building. He met Leaf inside.

"Is Mr Cobra, the Arbok the Cunningfang form teacher?" Charlie asked Leaf.

"Yes" said Leaf. "And I've heard he's very strict and mean! He loves giving out detentions to his students."

After form class, Charlie headed to his Pokémon science class. At class, Mrs Fox the Delphox, gave out the results for the Pokémon type test that the class took on Friday.

"Well done Charlie." Said Mrs Fox as she handed in his result. "You got 4 out of 5. I'm surprised you got the question about a fire type Pokémon against a water type Pokémon wrong though. You should know about it since you are a fire type and is a rival of Jack, a water type."

Charlie gave Mrs Fox a small smirk as she walked away from him. He knew that he answered that question wrong cheekily, in hopes of beating Jack the Squirtle on that day. But, still, he lost.

Jack overheard Mrs's Fox's conversation with Charlie. "Ha, you answered wrong because you thought you beat me?!" Laughed Jack. "What a loser!" Both Jack and Neville sniggered.

"Just ignore him!" Said a voice. "He's not worth your time."

Charlie jumped and turned around to find the source of the familiar voice. Lucas the Riolu and Lupus the Rockruff was behind him. He recognized the voice as Lucas's voice though.

"Ok... Lucas." Said Charlie a little alarmed. "I.. I... had no idea you behind me! I... I thought you away!"

"It alright." Replied Lucas, smiling.

Charlie was enjoying Pokémon school, except for the fact the bullies were annoying him. Days passed and turned into weeks, weeks turned into fortnights, fortnights turned into months and months had turned into years. Charlie and his friends were now 7 years old. Charlie is now a much more experienced battler and his sentences were now full.