Chapter 2: Leaf, the small Chikorita!

Five months has passed and Charlie has grown a lot bigger. He is now seven months old and he is still  unable to speak.  Surprisingly to his mother and father, he loved to play with the fire on his tail, since he loves the burning feeling of touching the fire.

One morning, Charlie woke up from his sleep, feeling energetic. His mother smiled.

"Charlie, my little one, today we are taking you to see your neighbours!"

Charlie squealed with delight!

He and his mother and father had some berries for breakfast and they headed off to see his neighbours. Charlie was toddling behind his parents, jso his  mother picked him up and put him on her shoulder. The world suddenly got a lot smaller for him. In the woods, he could hear a flock of Pidgeots and Pidgeotto flying above, in the sky.

"The Pidgey chicks will be hungry by now!" He heard one Pidgeotto exclaim.

"Don't worry Storm" said one of the Pidgeots. "As soon as we find some berries, we will bring them to the chicks."

Charlie and his mother and father continued on. They came across another clearing in the woods, with bedding in the middle of the clearing. There was a tall light green dinosaur Pokémon with pink flowers around her neck, yellow eyes and yellow antenna. She had three toes on her feet and a short stubby tail. She was eating some leaves off a tree. Next to her was a tiny light green dinosaur Pokémon with a leaf on her head and green buds around her short neck. She had one toe on each foot and, like the tall dinosaur Pokémon, had a short stubby tail.

"This is Flower, the Meganium and her daughter, Leaf, the Chikorita!" Smiled Charlie's mother. "Go on, play with her, but please be careful not to light her up with your fire on your tail!"

Charlie shakily walked up to Leaf and start chirping to her. Leaf turned her head and she squealed back. Her voice was more high pitched than his. Leaf arched her back and Charlie wagged his lit up tail happily. The next moment, Charlie was chasing Leaf playfully. She giggled as she was being chased.

"It's lunch time, Charlie and Leaf!" Shouted Charlie's father as he carried a handful of berries.

He put them on ground with his single claw on his hands.

Charlie and Leaf excitedly ran up to berries and starting eating them. They were very rich and juicy! They listened to the distant calls of Pokémon. The sun was searing and very hot. There was also the fresh scent of nature in the air.

Once they finished, they continued play chasing. But this time, Leaf was chasing Charlie! Leaf was specifically chasing his tail, which it's flame on the tip of his tail looks very interesting! Charlie was having so much fun, laughing and giggling that he didn't know what's about to happen. Charlie swished his tail up and the flame touched Leaf's leaf on her head! It caught on fire and Leaf screamed in pain!

This alerted Flower, the Meganium, Charlie's mother and Charlie's father. They ran to Leaf and stared in horror! The fire was spreading throughout her leaf and started spreading to her body! Even little Charlie looked shocked! After a few seconds, Leaf collapsed to the ground and showed swirly eyes! The flames had extinguished! Charlie looked confused while the adults looked relieved.

"Oh thank Arceus!" Gasped Flower. "My daughter just fainted! I thought she was going to die! That fire on her looked very bad and she is only a baby!"

"Take Leaf to Nurse Daisy who lives in this area! She needs healing immediately!" Shouted Charlie's mother.

"Just curious my love. What type of Pokémon is Nurse Daisy?" Asked Charlie's father.

"She is a Comfrey." Replied Charlie's mother."The flower wreath Pokémon. She is also a fairy type, like most other nurses."

Flower, the Meganium lifted Leaf on her back and hurried to the north. She disappeared into the distance of the forest.

Charlie looked very confused and was motionless. Then he looked sad and shed some tears. On the way back home, with Charlie's mother and father, he started to cry. Charlie's mother lifted him in her claws and brought him to her face.

"Don't be sad little Charlie!" She soothed her son. "It was just an accident. You didn't mean to do it!"

Charlie stopped crying and smiled at his mother.

"I love you!" His mother smiled.

Charlie chirped happily in response.

The rest of the journey was much more pleasant. The sun started dipping in the skies. It was a few more hours until sunset. It was still very hot and Charlie enjoyed the heat because he is a lizard Pokémon. Lizards does not sweat like people. Fire Pokémon also have very high body temperatures, so he was actually really enjoying the heat. Charlie noticed that his father was looking a bit unwell.

"I'm too hot, Lizzy" Said Charlie's father. "I'm not a fire type you know. I need to rest in the shade."

"We will be back home soon, Draco!" Assured Charlie's mother.

Once the family got home, Charlie went very drowsy and yawned.

"Oh, baby Charlie needs sleep! I will sing a song to him before he goes to sleep though." Said Charlie's mother.

After being rocked and listening to his mother's lullaby, he was laid in the bedding. His mother and father then left him there to do their own activities. Charlie rolled over and felt himself fall asleep.